Something seems amiss...

benyflyguy

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
benyflyguy
539A3266-0120-4AF0-9336-899AF470709C.jpeg flew into 26N this weeken for training and doughnuts (mission accomplished) Nice beach airport filled with GA aircraft and ppl. 2900’runway, not big but not super small either. Found this mix of aircraft on one side tarmac a little interesting!!!

Handicapped airplane parking?!?
No I didn’t notice that actually. Was walking in and there’s the usual mix of cessnas, bo’s, pipers, a nice matrix, light twins, t6 trainer, a biplane, then a citation!!!

Holy shifter sticks! You mean there’s more than one type of airplane in this great big world???

I once had a passenger with a cane. I wish I had that at the time. Plus consider the angel flights for the mobility challenged!

One of the instructors at Langley AFB flying club was in a wheel chair when I was there. He had some sort of back issue. He would fold up his chair and stick it in the back and off we would go. He could walk some but not far.

The good news is I’m sure no one in those apartment buildings complains of noise from the airport.

My instructor is going on 90 and it takes about 3-5 minutes to get into or out of the plane. Luckily I am not paying by the hour!

There are Brail placards on the doors to the simulator bays at my airline, kinda makes ya wonder.o_O

Handicapped airplane parking?!?
I wish they had that at BID or ACK where the paved ramp fills up and we often have to park on the grass. My wife uses a wheelchair (yes you can get a wheelchair through the cargo door of a C172), and it's a real hassle for her to push on grass.

One of the instructors at Langley AFB flying club was in a wheel chair when I was there. He had some sort of back issue. He would fold up his chair and stick it in the back and off we would go. He could walk some but not far.

That's pretty much the way my wife is. For XCs, we look for FBOs where parking will be close to the building.

That Citation flies in here almost every weekend in the summer. Has been for years.

That is weird. He/she Buys a jet for big money that will take him/her almost anywhere and the New Jersey shoreline is where they choose to go, regularly. I don't understand.

That is weird. He/she Buys a jet for big money that will take him/her almost anywhere and the New Jersey shoreline is where they choose to go, regularly. I don't understand.
You really can’t beat OCNJ when it comes to good clean family fun. My sister drives from New Hampshire and my brother in laws family from Boston to come for a week every year. They pass a lot of great beaches but for me with kids hard to find a better place IMO. I never went here until I met my wife, I grew up going all over. But it really grows on ya!!

That Citation flies in here almost every weekend in the summer. Has been for years.
Must be wild to see that coming in and out. The gps approach has relatively high minimums. The VOR-A approach does as welll... that’s what we did and I totally get it now as the approach takes you right next to that big smoke stack in the water.
Next time my buddy gives me crap about not coming down due to short runway in his twin I’ll send him this pic!!

Don't knock OCNJ till you've been here. Then you'll understand.

Lived in Somers Point during high school years. OC was fun, back in my day they had dances, so lots of girls, then under the Boardwalk activities if ya know what I mean. ;);)

I used to summer there. Worked there for two years after college. I understand all too well. Apparently so do all of my neighbors that moved down from there.

But I am glad that you like it.

Back