where to get a non aviation physical

We do our work physicals at Concentra. They specialize in them. They have offices in Texas.

I've had exactly three prostate exams in my life:

1: (Army medical checkup, group deal, all lined up and bent over.) "Would you like a prostate exam?" "No, but I doubt I have a choice."

2: Physician's Assistant. I won't say she was young or hot, but I won't say her fingering of my A and stroking of my D didn't give me an E, and I almost blasted one in her face.

3: AME. Old dude. Felt prudent to give the old rectal. His face showed such stress relieved after he did it. He seemed jovial. Changed AMEs.

Can POA form a group and we all join up on the POA insurance coverage?
There are more people here than employees at my company surely we could get a good deal.
We can buy one of the 744s sitting on the ramp at TUP and start a flying doc office. Paint ChienAir on the side

Not in the US...

Texas is part of the US. We've tried to get rid of you several times, but you keep coming back. Or are you saying you want to find a doctor outside the United States to get your meat cupped and your bung hole probed? There's always Thailand... I hope you find great rates for laboratory testing wherever you end up paying cash for your physical, unless BC/BS agrees to pick it up.

1: (Army medical checkup, group deal, all lined up and bent over.) "Would you like a prostate exam?" "No, but I doubt I have a choice."

2: Physician's Assistant. I won't say she was young or hot, but I won't say her fingering of my A and stroking of my D didn't give me an E, and I almost blasted one in her face.

3: AME. Old dude. Felt prudent to give the old rectal. His face showed such stress relieved after he did it. He seemed jovial. Changed AMEs.
Only 3 ???

I remember taking one to join POA.
I think it was EdFred that administered it.

Need to just ask for an annual wellness exam. Offices will know what that means as well as providers. Just ask a friend at work who they see and go there. That way you know they are taking that insurance. It’s a lot easier then it’s being made out to be. It is one of the perks of the newer health care regs. Usually covered, not part of deductible accompanied with routine screening Heath blood work. Zero deductible often even no copay. I have pts coming for them all the time. After one physical that no no will be a yees yes place!!!

Another thing to try is to simply swing by the office and make an appointment in person.

That's what I was going to say. Look for a doctor's office sign. Walk in. Tell them you need a physical. You know, human contact. I know it's old fashioned, but it can be effective.

P.S. I'm with you on the not going to the doctor unless you need to thing.

Painful reality: With the onset of the Patient Portability and Affordable Care Act (sometimes identified by reference to the President who was in office at the time it was passed), it has become dramatically more difficult to secure cash-paid physicians' services , except from "concierge" practices (which do not accept insurance). These tend to focus on very high-end patients; I had one I dealt with for several years, it was a very good experience, with doctor visits readily scheduled and well-conducted, but now they won't let me see the doctor unless I get a complete physical, for around $8,000.00.

Have you ever gotten your insurance carrier to recommend a "family physician" in your plan? Sometimes, that approach can work. Of course, you'll be paying the deductible, and the rate will be steep (because... sigh).

It's complicated; just remember: you have a health care system being administered by the IRS.

Or he could just have a crap insurance plan. My family Doc retired last year. It took me no time to find a new doc.

Need to just ask for an annual wellness exam. Offices will know what that means as well as providers. Just ask a friend at work who they see and go there. That way you know they are taking that insurance. It’s a lot easier then it’s being made out to be. It is one of the perks of the newer health care regs. Usually covered, not part of deductible accompanied with routine screening Heath blood work. Zero deductible often even no copay. I have pts coming for them all the time. After one physical that no no will be a yees yes place!!!

:yeahthat:

It’s all a language thing. “Physical” is saying to them “Please sign off on this form.” They don’t want to do that if they don’t know you. The key words your looking for are “Annual wellness exam” and “establish care” with a new primary care provider. They should book that the first time with no problem, and you’ll be set to see the guy once a year with no out of pocket.

I know a doc like that who completely stopped taking insurance and he’s nearly suffocated himself financially because of it (ex-family member). If you still wanted to use him as your primary care physician, than you have to pay him a flat premium each year for various tiers of medical care. So really, the only ones who can still afford him are those that are wealthy enough to pay out of pocket. Pretty idiotic if you ask me, as he’s nearly cleaned house on the majority of his patient base. To him we say...sayonara!
No tiers in our case, just the one flat fee I mentioned. It's working out well for him and for us. I'm hearing from friends and colleagues that it's becoming more common, at least for internal medicine physicians. Our guy is both internal medicine and endocryology. His overhead is tiny compared to the previous large practice he founded some years back - no office manager, no hordes of admin clerks dealing with insurance, and no late nights doing paperwork because he spent more than 6.5 minutes with each patient that day.

No tiers in our case, just the one flat fee I mentioned. It's working out well for him and for us. I'm hearing from friends and colleagues that it's becoming more common, at least for internal medicine physicians. Our guy is both internal medicine and endocryology.
You mean his second specialty is freezing your organs? ;)

At least you have one to examine. It's been 10 years since mine was removed. Damned cancer. At least PSA test results are boringly the same - undetectable.

Yeah, great 'perk.'

I'd rather pay $200 out of pocket for a "well-baby" check than fork over $13,000/yr in emp/spouse "coverage" with another $7000/ea in deductibles before dime one (80%) is paid out.

Yeah, great 'perk.'

I'd rather pay $200 out of pocket for a "well-baby" check than fork over $13,000/yr in emp/spouse "coverage" with another $7000/ea in deductibles before dime one (80%) is paid out.

Do you have homeowners insurance, car insurance, plane insurance, life insurance with the above premise sounds like no right???

What’s the fine per year to go un-insured? Plus the concept of something being zero duductible would mean that it doesn’t go against your deductible.
It’s fine to go un-insured and just pay the fine. Just don’t ever get sick or get injured. If you can assure that nothing ever bad is going f to happen then you will be saving a ton of money.
Nobody ever ******* about the cost of insurance when they are actually using it to get something paid for

Back