No flying lessons

CC268

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
CC268
Who needs instruction or fancy flight schools when you can teach yourself how to fly?

Look at the Video Description

328E46FE-6E01-4015-A711-4D56EDEF6291.jpeg

:rollercoaster:

I thought for sure the pilot was fooling spectators, flying on purpose like that. Guess not. :rofl:

Reminds me of this "Hogg! Get away from that thing" video

What was wrong with that..??? I thought someone had recorded my first solo.....

Actually I was wondering if the camera man was ever going to figure out how to focus....

The big question is can he use the airplane again.

Actually I was wondering if the camera man was ever going to figure out how to focus....

Ah, the alleged joys of the autofocus cellphone . . . .

The big question is can he use the airplane again.

It didn't look that bad, but he'll need to check both wingtips and the tail. It looks sturdy, but can't tell how lightweight it is, that can easily compromise strength.

What was wrong with that..??? I thought someone had recorded my first solo.....

Surprised they kept filming the way that thing was coming from together.

About 5 years ago a couple of us were standing on the ramp at DXR when a guy flies in, with his girl friend, in a brand new Light Sport aircraft. After a passable landing, he taxis over and hops out, and asks if he can tie down while they go inside. They had just flown down from Albany South Airport.
Sure. No problem.
About 2 minutes later, one of the instructors come out, laughing and swearing at the top of his lungs.
The owner was looking for a flight instructor. He had no pilot's license and had never had a lesson, other than Flight Simulator 10. He had been flying the plane for about 4 months and 40 hours, and only inquired about a license because he had heard you needed one to fly in the rain.
He also didn't understand the difference between European Ultralight and American Ultralight aircraft. He knew you didn't need a license for an ultralight in America and bought an "Ultralight" manufactured in Europe.
He took a bunch of lessons, got his Light Sport, then in very short order, his PPL, then his IR.

Well that could have been MUCH worse.

Maybe @Cptwing decided he didn’t want to wait to solo anymore :happydance:

Back