Smallest GA plane with lavatory

From photos, it looks to me like you could install one in the back row of a Cessna 340 instead of the back two seats, and there would be enough room between the front two rows of seats to where you could access it.

I've never been in a piston twin bigger than a Baron, so maybe someone here with some 340 experience could chime in.

From photos, it looks to me like you could install one in the back row of a Cessna 340 instead of the back two seats, and there would be enough room between the front two rows of seats to where you could access it.

I've never been in a piston twin bigger than a Baron, so maybe someone here with some 340 experience could chime in.
The problem with that is all the other pax get to watch you do your business.

In the 400 series Twin Cessnas you at least have the head behind the cabin seats and could put up a privacy curtain.

That’s one of the great things about the Beech 18. The lav is behind the pax cabin and you can close the door for privacy.

Buy an old photo/mapping plane with a belly hole. Problem solved.

The problem with that is all the other pax get to watch you do your business.

In the 400 series Twin Cessnas you at least have the head behind the cabin seats and could put up a privacy curtain.

That’s one of the great things about the Beech 18. The lav is behind the pax cabin and you can close the door for privacy.

I was thinking about the OP, who I assume is traveling with his wife as the only passenger. He could remove both back seats and have a decent lavatory, and still have seats for four.

Come to think of it, if I had the want/need and wherewithal to travel via GA with my wife, that's what I'd need. Pressurization, two engines, known ice, and air conditioning would all be must haves. We don't have a need or desire to travel all that often, which works out, since we can't afford such an airplane.

It might be hard to convince her to fly in something as small as a 340 anyway, particularly in weather that was less than perfect. She has flown twice in a hang glider, and airliners don't bother her, but if we were flying in the soup and started getting shaken around by the weather, I think that would be the end of the two of us flying somewhere.

Any small plane will work.
Just install this.

Might be some cold splashes on bumpy days/landings... or big #2's.

Upgrades include anti-ice options.

Would that be PIKI?

image71.jpeg

Last edited:
I was thinking about the OP, who I assume is traveling with his wife as the only passenger. He could remove both back seats and have a decent lavatory, and still have seats for four.
A 340 is a whole lot of airplane for just two people. Lot of wasted expense unless you just have to have a cramped pressurized airplane to burn a lot of a avgas.

A 340 is a whole lot of airplane for just two people. Lot of wasted expense unless you just have to have a cramped pressurized airplane to burn a lot of a avgas.

It's a theoretical question since we don't need a traveling airplane, but what would you suggest? Requirements are pressurization, known ice, a lavatory, and either two piston or one turbine engine. That gives us a comfortable airplane that can handle most of the weather we'd see.

It's a theoretical question since we don't need a traveling airplane, but what would you suggest? Requirements are pressurization, known ice, a lavatory, and either two piston or one turbine engine. That gives us a comfortable airplane that can handle most of the weather we'd see.
If just hauling two people, I’d probably look for a Malibu over a 340.

But if flying ‘over the weather’ is what you are truly looking for, you’re gonna need a jet. Let’s be real here. You aren’t flying over over much of anything unless you can get above 30k.

I fly Malibu’s, a 421 and Citation. The Citation can realistically climb above a lot of stuff. The 421 and Malibu can’t.

Seriously though, I think a #2 could be a real problem. Especially if it’s all liquid and juicy. What are you to do? I guess you could go cheeks to the storm window in a Cherokee. Hopefully it’s a rental.

If it’s solid it may damage a control surface. Crap, what am I to doo?
OMG that's just too much information!

I know it's not what you're looking for, but a Commander 1000 with TPE331-10 engines is a sweet aircraft, and it has a built in lavatory.

This particular aircraft has been through the Commander refurbishment program and has good avionics.

Avionics/Radios
Garmin G600 with Synthetic Vision & XM weather
Garmin GTN 750 WAAS GPS/MFD. SafeTaxi & Charts, Traffic
Garmin GTN 650 WAAS GPS/MFD
Garmin GDL 88 ADS-B compliant with backup Nexrad Weather
Garmin GTX 33 (Dual) Transponders
Garmin GDL 69 Weather Datalink System
Garmin GMA 35 Audio Panel
Honeywell Enhanced Ground Proximity Warning System KGP-560 Class-B TAWS
Ryan TCAD 9900B Traffic Avoidance
Avidyne EX 500 FlightMax Multifunction Display
Bendix Color Radar
WX-500 Stormscope
Collins Radar Altimeter
Collins AP-106 Autopilot

It's listed at $725K and has a "bring all offers" exhortation in the ad. I've always liked the Commander, and the few I've flown have provided a good fast ride. The 1000 Grand Commander is a helluva aircraft.

https://www.controller.com/listings/aircraft/for-sale/19124043/2000-commander-grand-renaissance

Powered parachute would probably be the smallest and cheapest. Or maybe a hot air balloon. Pizz on whomever you like.

Just go with an external catheter, a long tube, and overboard discharge. Cave and wreck divers who wear drysuits have been doing that for decades.

Same reason you see 4WD trucks with no trailer hitch on them, and not a scratch in the bed of it. Or AWD/4WD vehicles in Florida.

I had a tie down spot near a guy with a Cessna Caravan and Kodiac Quest. At the time he was not sure which he would keep. But they are perfect planes for his mission. Generally he was only going 300 miles or less to the sea or a mountain lake; with the occasional trip to NYC. For NYC he would land on a river and taxi to a boat dock downtown. Saved a lot of time.
I am sure there other examples where it makes sense. But Basically short trips, very comfortable with a bullet proof engine. Just what the planes were designed for.

Tim

I know someone mentioned something similar earlier. I saw these on a youtube video where these guys flew a C210 around the world. You pee in them and it turns to gel. I feel like it would be pretty helpful on those long XCs and maybe a little more convenient than a gatorade bottle lol
https://www.amazon.com/Easi-Pee-Disposable-Urine-Bags/dp/B00DCLNK2Y

Or buy the powder and add it to your Gatoraide bottles. The bottle form factor is pretty handy. The powder would kill the sloshing.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Reliance...49968&wl11=online&wl12=43256345&wl13=&veh=sem

Powder in bottle is worth a try, but Gatorade opening is just too small! Thus, I use a Mayo jar:

Attachments

• mayo jar with powder.jpg
    mayo jar with powder.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 9
Back