Looking for a trainer

I had a number in mind that I wanted to hit. It worked out perfectly. I got my first flying job less than a week from my commercial checkride.
Yea me too but I in order to fly a lot using my own money I’d have to work full time to be able to afford it for 2 years. Planning on minimum 6 but I think I can hit 10-12 pretty easily if I just do xcountry a few days a week. Good excuse to get away from everything too lol

Listen to Denverpilot. You will want to train for the IR with the equipment you want to fly with. Today that means WAAS-GPS. Most IFR capable ships today have at least one navcomm with ILS plus WAAS GPS. Many will also have an AP. You can fly IFR with less but why in today's environment, especially if you fly into and out of smaller airports? It will be far cheaper to buy these items pre installed than to put them in yourself, especially in a minimally capable plane (like a 2-seater). It may likely be cost effective to finance a more capable and well equipped plane rather than throw avionics money at a runout.

Consider: A fresh WAAS GPS install will cost a significant fraction of your aircraft value. And these things multiply. You may find your audio panel and blind encoder is not compatible with newer equipment, etc. etc. Long term owners know this, because we've been through it and written the checks.

It has a relatively small landing window. The Tomahawk has an undeserved bad reputation. Fly it right, tap the rudder if a little yaw oscillation sets up, and you'll enjoy learning in it.

Back