Airport Restaurant Recommendations Western NC/Eastern GA?

Fearless Tower

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Fearless Tower
Going to be flying from Baltimore to Baton Rouge this week and going to need a fuel stop. Any good on airport restaurants in the western NC/eastern Georgia areas? I've been to Hickory a few times. Looking to try something else.

FQD-57A cafe
GMU-Runway Cafe
DZJ-The Aviator (2 miles off the airport)
PDK-57Th Fighter or Downwind restaurant.

+1 on The Runway Cafe @ GMU.

If you walk in and ask for the conference room, you could sit in the exact seats that many of us southeast POA’ers sat in.

Having a hard time understanding what course between Baltimore and Baton Rouge is taking you through eastern GA. You should barely be touching NW Georgia.

I really like the cafe a KGMU. 10% discount if you tell them you flew in allegedly.

Having a hard time understanding what course between Baltimore and Baton Rouge is taking you through eastern GA. You should barely be touching NW Georgia.

I really like the cafe a KGMU. 10% discount if you tell them you flew in allegedly.
If you draw a straight line from the DC area, it has you flying straight down the length of the Appalachians. Not a great way to go with PAX onboard in the summer. So you either cross and go down the west side or stay east down toward Atlanta. I haven’t found much in the way of on field restaurants in eastern TN, hence the question about western NC/Eastern GA.

The Pik-n-Pig at BQ1 (Carthage, NC) is pretty good. Not open on Monday.
There's a pretty mediocre restaurant on the field at HKY.

Back