Good for this gal

1RTK1

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Ralph
A woman snatched her gun from her glove box and shot a man in the head after he tried to drive off in her SUV with her two small children in the back seat, Dallas police said Thursday.

The woman was at a gas station in south Dallas at about 10 p.m. (11 p.m. ET) Wednesday when the man slipped into the driver's seat, police said. The woman jumped back in the vehicle, yelling at the man to stop; when he didn't, she pulled the gun from the glove box and shot him once in the head, police said.

We were watching that story on the news last night. I mentioned to my wife that reminded me of a carjacking in the KC area about 18 years ago - it doesn't seem that long ago.

Mom left her 6yo in the back seat while she ran inside to pay for something. Carjacker jumps in, starts to drive away. Mom opens the back door to pull her son out, kid gets hung up in the seatbelt and dragged down the highway at 80 mph until enough people could get the vehicle stopped and beat the hell out of the driver until police broke it up. Life without parole.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/young-boy-dies-in-carjacking/

In the Dallas case, I haven't been able to figure if mom went inside to pay for gas, or was next to the car at the pump when the guy jumped inside.

A woman snatched her gun from her glove box and shot a man in the head after he tried to drive off in her SUV with her two small children in the back seat, Dallas police said Thursday.

The woman was at a gas station in south Dallas at about 10 p.m. (11 p.m. ET) Wednesday when the man slipped into the driver's seat, police said. The woman jumped back in the vehicle, yelling at the man to stop; when he didn't, she pulled the gun from the glove box and shot him once in the head, police said.

I’ll bet that it is the last time the criminal tries that!

-Skip

Several years ago in our town a 75 year old lady was filling her new Cadillac with gas when a man got in the drivers seat. Before he drove off she pulled the gas hose and covered him and the front seat of the car with several gallons of gas. They found him and the car a short while later using OnStar. He was at a local motel in the shower.

Ya just can’t trust those women that choose to carry

Ouch that really must have hurt he should have stopped.

W
In the Dallas case, I haven't been able to figure if mom went inside to pay for gas, or was next to the car at the pump when the guy jumped inside.

Thank the story I read was she was next to her vehicle pumping gas when the creep entered her vehicle. Too bad she didn’t waste the creep.

car running, or just keys in the ignition?

Not justifying the theft, but it's a lot easier to prevent than to stop it once it happens.

the story I read was she was next to her vehicle pumping gas when the creep entered her vehicle. Too bad she didn’t waste the creep.

Dang, the report I read was a little brief, said he was shot in the head. I assumed that to be pretty much fatal.

If you are going to do something that stupid to anybody with a family you deserve anything you get including death. Guess I'm just old fashioned.

Dang, the report I read was a little brief, said he was shot in the head. I assumed that to be pretty much fatal.

If you are going to do something that stupid to anybody with a family you deserve anything you get including death.

That’s what I read too, shot him in the head and he was in critical condition but alive. This was yahoo news so take that into consideration.

Several years ago in our town a 75 year old lady was filling her new Cadillac with gas when a man got in the drivers seat. Before he drove off she pulled the gas hose and covered him and the front seat of the car with several gallons of gas. They found him and the car a short while later using OnStar. He was at a local motel in the shower.

She might has well tossed in a lit match. The car is pretty much going to be unusable after that anyway.

She might has well tossed in a lit match. The car is pretty much going to be unusable after that anyway.
Saving the car was her last thought, more so saving her kids in the back.

I’ve heard of incidents like these happening several times. Best to remove keys from the ignition and lock the vehicle, that way there’s no chance of this happening, especially if you have kiddos inside.

Someone tries to steal my car they can have it. It’s insured. Someone tries to carjack my loved ones and it’s game on.

Good shoot

He won’t be doing that again

Hope it didn’t leave too much of a mess in the car, I also hope she didn’t get any spray in her eyes or mouth or anything from the rounds impact, the sub humans who victimize other often carry diseases.

Kudos to her! I hate reading stories where this happened to somebody, especially with kids involved, but at least it ended well for her and her family, and she eliminated the threat.

If you are going to do something that stupid to anybody with a family you deserve anything you get including death. Guess I'm just old fashioned.

I completely agree! Any POS that invades somebody's home, car, or tries to do bodily harm or injures somebody, deserves whatever they get, including getting shot and killed.

I’ve heard of incidents like these happening several times. Best to remove keys from the ignition and lock the vehicle, that way there’s no chance of this happening, especially if you have kiddos inside.

Yes, remove the kids please. Locking them in is not a good idea IMHO. -Skip

Yes, remove the kids please. Locking them in is not a good idea IMHO. -Skip
If you’re just outside of the vehicle pumping gas, I don’t see any harm, especially if the windows are cracked. Other than that, yeah never lock them in the vehicle.

Well, yes, with respect to the lady cited in the OP. But I commented about the 75 year old grandmother with the new Cadillac.

Well, yes, with respect to the lady cited in the OP. But I commented about the 75 year old grandmother with the new Cadillac.
Ah, well then, disregard!

Car jacking in my area a while back, the mom got tangled in the harness/seatbelt and was dragged to death; baby in a car seat, which the two creeps threw out on the road. Car seat worked, protected the infant. Driver form the opposite direction recognized what was going on, crossed the median and used his car to shield the child in the car seat from oncoming traffic. Some people just need killing.

Let's say it's 90F outside with 75F dew point and you need gas. Self serve. You have 2 infant/toddlers in the back. What do you do then?

One of the crappy things about proximity keys/keyless ignition is that there is no way to have the car running while have doors locked from outside. Before, in most cars, you could leave the key in the ignition and then lock the car with the remote.

Edit: To answer my own question, I leave the car running, put the hose in and get back into the drivers seat.

Last edited:
Good shoot

He won’t be doing that again

Hope it didn’t leave too much of a mess in the car, I also hope she didn’t get any spray in her eyes or mouth or anything from the rounds impact, the sub humans who victimize other often carry diseases.

Yep. The only downside is that this dirtbag still has a pulse and the subsequent financial burden that will be placed on everyone involved in treating him, court costs, jailing him, etc, etc,

Yep. The only downside is that this dirtbag still has a pulse and the subsequent financial burden that will be placed on everyone involved in treating him, court costs, jailing him, etc, etc,

Think of it as an investment in advertising and education for respect.

When that carjacker goes back to his ghetto looking, well like he got shot in the face, maybe that’ll give other little hoodlums the education that their parents and the failed tax payer forced funded public schools obviously didn’t, hopefully it will teach them about respecting others and the what happens when you try to victimize others.

When that carjacker goes back to his ghetto looking, well like he got shot in the face, maybe that’ll give other little hoodlums the education that their parents and the failed tax payer forced funded public schools obviously didn’t, hopefully it will teach them about respecting others and the what happens when you try to victimize others.
Or it will be a badge of honor.

Years back I had a flight taking a little gang banger wannabe that had been shot in the leg by the cops. All his house boys were hanging around thinking he was a real tuff cat to have been shot by the cops. I put my knee on the wound and put some weight to it. He screamed bloody murder and was crying for me to get off. I was looking at his house boys saying "Look how cool he is now..!!!"

The medics thought I had lost my mind...:lol::lol:

Or is it home boys..???

Or, be like me and don’t ever have kids. Sheer genius. ;)

My wife is about the biggest gun hater out there. She'd be just fine with eliminating (or I guess "amending"?) the 2nd. But she heard about this and was like "thats awesome!". Then again, I don't think her mind ever gets too far beyond "my kids are going to die" at any point during the day, and I cant imagine how many bullets would end up in someone's body if they tried to take ours away and she were armed.

Back