First Solo!

Well if she were to join POA, she probably wouldn’t stick around long after reading this thread.

That's why I don't tell 'em about this place. They might figure out I'm on here. ;):D

Well I wasn’t actually meaning to send her my direction... I already have too many others on the line...:fingerwag::rofl:

Gettin' kinda stinky here... anyone smell anything?

IMG_3823.GIF

Just curious... how is the sexism in this post ok?

Maybe I am too new to this forum to understand but feel free to explain how this sexism is ok! Must be great for the pilot to come across this post and see how she is being objectified, guess it’s ok to do that as a pilot?

This thread went from uplifting/congratulatory to disturbing/creepy very very quickly.
I'd be horrified if someone talked about me this way.

Students who First Solo deserve our celebration and respect. I imagine that a lot of students, and lurkers wondering what kind of community we are, would click on something called "First Solo!" expecting welcome and a celebration of accomplishment.

So... CONGRATS to Catherine, and best of luck on the rest of your training!

First solo??? As in it’s always been two at the same time??

Maybe I am too new to this forum to understand but feel free to explain how this sexism is ok! Must be great for the pilot to come across this post and see how she is being objectified, guess it’s ok to do that as a pilot?
You are absolutely right.

OTOH, when I visited the area on a business trip, I went to dinner with this guy I never met and you should have heard the warnings I received about what to do if I saw a bottle of Jurgens in the back seat of the pickup.

Besides, who wants to talk about @mscard88's looks?

Last edited:

OTOH, when I visited the area on a business trip, I went to dinner with this guy I never met and you should have heard the warnings I received about what to do if I saw a bottle of Jurgens in the back seat if the pickup.

wait... what?? warnings abt lotion...

:dunno: :D

OTOH, when I visited the area on a business trip, I went to dinner with this guy I never met and you should have heard the warnings I received about what to do if I saw a bottle of Jurgens in the back seat of the pickup.

You promised not to tell!

And I don't want to talk about my looks either. Is that sexist though...

Well if she were to join POA, she probably wouldn’t stick around long after reading this thread.

Nah, she's an Auburn lass. They have wonderful senses of humor and aren't fragile snowflakes. My wife (Auburn class of '80) read the thread and laughed. Don't take life too seriously; you'll never get out alive anyway.

Good to see that member was deleted and this forum is not run by elizabeth warren.

Back