is current, and IFR rated

Attachments

• e9IrNNTnT1aDNB4sw5JSUA.jpg
    e9IrNNTnT1aDNB4sw5JSUA.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 121
  • VT6mA%zMS4m1Fh6C%IR17w.jpg
    VT6mA%zMS4m1Fh6C%IR17w.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 107
wants it for bouncing around Puget Sound and 3-4 times per year long cross country with just him and spouse

Looks like a winner to me!

...and 3-4 times per year long cross country with just him and spouse

Tell him to make sure he has at lease a wing leveler in it. Those early TDs and FGs did not have enough dihedral.

Tell him to make sure he has at lease a wing leveler in it. Those early TDs and FGs did not have enough dihedral.
It's a Glasair II S all glass and auto pilot.

I'll bet he'd just fine with some quality transition training. I think there's a couple of guys at Arlington that have, or are currently doing Glasair transition training.

Did you tell him he’ll have to remember what right rudder is for? :)
The P-3 has right LEFT turning tendencies just like any other prop airplane, and if he's been in P-3's his whole career he's probably got more time with one shut down than many of us have total. Engineer might get the trim but the pilot foots it out beforehand.

Nauga,
not a MADMAN

Last edited:
The P-3 has right turning tendencies just like any other prop airplane, and if he's been in P-3's his whole career he's probably got more time with one shut down than many of us have total. Engineer might get the trim but the pilot foots it out beforehand.

Nauga,
not a MADMAN

LOL. Good point. No yaw damper in that thing? :)

I bet he’d be just fine with some transitioning training, but it could be that no damn civilian can tell him anything about flying, since he flew military jets under fire at night in thunderstorms and whatnot. In that case he gets to become a statistic.

Hopefully not.

Seller will take care of training as needed.

I bet he’d be just fine with some transitioning training, but it could be that no damn civilian can tell him anything about flying, since he flew military jets under fire at night in thunderstorms and whatnot. In that case he gets to become a statistic.
Really,,,, are they that difficult to fly?

Ok, I'll say it.

He needs a Bonanza.

Ok, I'll say it.

He needs a Bonanza.
He does need some thing bigger, it's just too tight for a 240/6'2" pilot to be comfortable

Hopefully not.

I've met a lot of former military pilots in GA, and not one of them thought that they were too good for civilian instructors. Have you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've met a lot of former military pilots in GA, and not one of them thought that they were too good for civilian instructors. Have you?

Yeah, I’ve met a couple pretty high on themselves. That said, I think there are folks like that in every group.

Just stick them in a taildragger and they’ll find humility. Might even call out to their chosen deity a couple of times. :)

They fly hands off and should only require a quick checkout from the previous owner. With an O-320, a II isn’t exactly going to be a speed demon.

Back