drotto

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
drotto
Passed my IFR check ride today!!!!!
68dc2294b40b75ea7784736ab9a7598e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Now you need to get your ticket wet...enjoy the benefits of the system!

There are a few new pilots out there who think that an instrument rating allows one to just go out and fly into clouds. To those who may have this misconception, you can’t JUST and must fly on an approved instrument flight plan to fly into clouds. Thought that was worth mentioning for those who misunderstand.

Congratulations!

Last edited:
Dont tell us, go do it! And then of course post pictures of it, and throw a pencil in for good measure so we know its really legit. haha

Congrats, its truly the most fun rating!

Congrats.... file, file and file...

This is what sucks about AZ. It’s very difficult for me to file unless I’m going down south as the MEAs are so high when you fly anywhere north (I can’t reach them in my 140)

Congratulations, now get that ticket wet! :cheers:

(Shouldn't be too hard to find benign IMC in NJ!)

Congratulations, now get that ticket wet! :cheers:

(Shouldn't be too hard to find benign IMC in NJ!)
Yeah, to make a plane a truly useful traveling machine you almost need IFR on the east coast.

I am still allowed to be a little nervous about getting it wet correct?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yeah, to make a plane a truly useful traveling machine you almost need IFR on the east coast.

I am still allowed to be a little nervous about getting it wet correct?
Ummm.... I certainly was! I think it's perfectly normal. But you will never be more proficient than you are now, and what counts at this point is good judgment. Avoid convective weather, icing (shouldn't be a problem anytime soon unless you go way high, which you don't need to for this) and turbulence outside your comfort zone, pick a day that looks good, and do it. :thumbsup:

(Nothing wrong with taking your CFII along either, if it helps calm the nerves.)

Maybe I'll buy you a drink at the secret club above the clouds that we all meet at!

This is what sucks about AZ. It’s very difficult for me to file unless I’m going down south as the MEAs are so high when you fly anywhere north (I can’t reach them in my 140)
come east bruh in the late fall.. good imc, before the icing creeps in.. low ceilings to get approaches in and you typically get abv the soup at around 2000agl.

come east bruh in the late fall.. good imc, before the icing creeps in.. low ceilings to get approaches in and you typically get abv the soup at around 2000agl.

Sounds like a good time

Punch a hole in the clouds? Looks like someone punched a hole in your ticket. You know that's not the same thing, right?

Congrats!

Back