Smallest GA plane with lavatory

TimRF79

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Tim
Was wondering what is the smallest GA plane with a lavatory?
Had to pee in a bag Satuday.. LOL

A Piper PA-32 or Beech Bonanza with one rear facing seat removed and a porta potty from West Marine in its place.

OK, not really a lav, but a toilet. And zero class points.

Define lavatory. Plus its not like flying solo you can use it.

One or two? A trimmed SR-8 with a 5 gallon bucket in front of the back seat has been known to work real well for #one.

I think my uncle had one in his TBM 700

Last edited:
A place where my wife can get to from the passenger seat and go tinkle.
You probably could do it in a Cherokee if you just buy one of those really small porta pottys. Remove one of the back seats and place it there. Of course getting in back from the front seat could be fun. It's doable if you're spry.

Of course getting in back from the front seat could be fun. It's doable if you're spry.

Or really, really need to go and landing is no longer an option...:lol::lol:

Truthfully, I would not want a potty in a plane because then I would have to clean it..... But if you just have to have one, use several layers of trash bag, self clumping kitty litter. Place bag one in, pour kitty litter, bag #2 in, then kitty litter, bag #3 in, kitty litter, etc.... Use potty, after landing take out the top trash bag and place in proper trash receptacle, or in front of your friends hangar. Then you have a nice clean one ready to use for the return trip.

Dropping a chuffer in the back of a Bonanza sounds rather unappealing.

:eek:

John King tells the story of Martha needing to go and him not wanting to land so he tells her to use a sic sack. She does and hands it to him with the caveat "it leaks." They're flying a cherokee so he looks at that little "clear prop" wimdow and tries to push it out there. It didn't work.

John says, "You know, at times words just fail you. The word I didn't use was 'urine.'"

Or really, really need to go and landing is no longer an option...:lol::lol:

Truthfully, I would not want a potty in a plane because then I would have to clean it..... But if you just have to have one, use several layers of trash bag, self clumping kitty litter. Place bag one in, pour kitty litter, bag #2 in, then kitty litter, bag #3 in, kitty litter, etc.... Use potty, after landing take out the top trash bag and place in proper trash receptacle, or in front of your friends hangar. Then you have a nice clean one ready to use for the return trip.
Super-absorbent gel > kitty liter.

https://www.amazon.com/Gelmax-Super-Absorbent-Pad-Pack-Absorbent/dp/B01M26DEWT

Got to love those coconut drinks from Costco. Tall bottle with wide mouth. I also keep a gym towel and bed pad from the hospital in two large ziplock bags for my wife. Pad goes down, pee in the towel, stuff it all in the two bags. Not a pretty sight and God help me if we have any turbulence.

The TBM 700 is the smallest I can think of. Or a Cessna 421.

These were what I had, and a towel under in case I missed. You can do it in the right seat with some gymnastics. But it didn't work out anyway. My bladder shuts down when I'm in planes, even commercial jets. It goes "Oh H#LL no, I ain't peeing up here." But it should work for normal people.

http://www.sportys.com/pilotshop/travel-john-pack-of-three.html

Travel John. Even comes in Pink. Although I think the Pink ones are the same as the white and opaque green ones, just look prettier ;-).

1 (11).jpg

Seriously though, I think a #2 could be a real problem. Especially if it’s all liquid and juicy. What are you to do? I guess you could go cheeks to the storm window in a Cherokee. Hopefully it’s a rental.

If it’s solid it may damage a control surface. Crap, what am I to doo?

Don’t understand why anyone would put an executive interior in a slow, non-pressurized turboprop. Lots of seats to haul sightseers to the Grand Canyon or wherever? Great. Hauling cargo? Great. But personal airplane for a rich dude? Hmmmm....

Good for jumping out of, too.

Don’t understand why anyone would put an executive interior in a slow, non-pressurized turboprop. Lots of seats to haul sightseers to the Grand Canyon or wherever? Great. Hauling cargo? Great. But personal airplane for a rich dude? Hmmmm....

Same reason you see 4WD trucks with no trailer hitch on them, and not a scratch in the bed of it. Or AWD/4WD vehicles in Florida.

Back