[NA]Observations from the Costco gas line[NR]

Always get the receipt when paying at the pump. If there is ever a question of whether you paid or drove off at a gas station, this is your get out of jail free card. I have seen where the clueless attendant misidentifies a drive-off to law enforcement, and the wrong car gets pulled over. Sure it will all get worked out in due time, but without a receipt, it is your word versus theirs and people have wound up in handcuffs.

The authorization on your credit card, viewed on your smart phone app will suffice and not harm a tree.

I have always believed, and practiced, that you should NOT open and close the car door whilst pumping gas. Sparks, or something. Am I standing out in the heat, cold and wind unnecessarily?

IIRC, MythBusters took this on and concluded it was an OWT.

The problem with COSTCO...there are never any hot women running around... Probably why the wife has delegated the chore to me.

Now Trader Joe's on a Sunday afternoon......

Ours has plentyyyy of hot women, most in their tight, form fitting work out clothes. But they never look sweaty or smell stinky from working out. Oh butt (see what I did thar) that rear view. Did I mention tight, form fitting, oh yes I have.

Last edited:
The authorization on your credit card, viewed on your smart phone app will suffice and not harm a tree.

IIRC, MythBusters took this on and concluded it was an OWT.

It may not cause the explosion, but in the winter time I have gotten a visible spark getting in and out of the car, and once grabbing the fuel nozzle.

You know the reality probably was some special like $.50 off a gallon, and people did that to save less than ten bucks a full tank.

10 bucks saved 26 times a year equals more money for something else.

“It has modified tires on it. You might want to price those now and budget for replacing them in about two years. Less if you peel out a bunch on those rear racing tires.”

I haven't heard "peel out" since the 70s....:lol::lol::lol:

FWIW, I've never seen one either... :dunno:
Well now you have (virtually at least):
impreza17-gas-door1.jpg

The people in front of me:

Won't go around the person in the back pump to use the middle pump but waits instead for the back pump

They are doing exactly as is requested by the Costco here. Our Costco does not want you to maneuver around other cars and then back up into a space, probably because it could result in bent metal. I’m okay with this careful practice.

Forgets to close the fuel door

That’s me. However. I have not made the same mistake when fueling my plane.

Ours has plentyyyy of hot women, most in their tight, form fitting work out clothes. But they never look sweaty or smell stinky from working out. Oh butt (see what I did thar) that rear view. Did I mention tight, form fitting, oh yes I have.

Dude.... A California 1 is an Alabama 10.... :D

To be fair, my old car didn't have a holster. However, I did find a protruding hunk of sheet metal where I could hang the tether:

40953d1121741693-gas-cap-holder-fueldoor2.jpg

700161d1359837762-where-do-you-put-your-gas-cap-gascap.jpg

Dude.... A California 1 is an Alabama 10.... :D

I thought that once, then I lived in SoCal for several years. Myth, busted.

Go to the beach at Gulf Shores some time. Mmm, mmm, I do love me some southern cookin'! :)

Been all over this world (think I gots a song thar, oh wait..)

Lemme tell ya sumptin', a 1 is a 1 everywhere! Fact.

I know... I just couldn't help myself... see I have this tic.... did see a lot of 10 + by anyone's standard running around Auburn one day...

To be fair, my old car didn't have a holster.

None of my three vehicles have one. Karen’s does.

Just put the cap on the roof and go about fueling. And put it back on when done. Not a big deal.

None of my three vehicles have one. Karen’s does.

Just put the cap on the roof and go about fueling. And put it back on when done. Not a big deal.
I understand that part. What I don't understand is if you do have a holster, why not use it rather than letting the cap dangle from the leash and bang against the fender?

I know... I just couldn't help myself... see I have this tic.... did see a lot of 10 + by anyone's standard running around Auburn one day...

Auburn has been like that since before Bo Jackson and I were students there together (or at least "at the same time" . . . .).

I understand that part. What I don't understand is if you do have a holster, why not use it rather than letting the cap dangle from the leash and bang against the fender?

Depends on how far depreciated it is and who owns it! LOL.

Remember some of the people watching you’re doing are the folks who lease or constantly trade in vehicles. They have no sense of mechanical maintenance or care about the machinery, it’s just a tool they’re planning on throwing away, and they believe they’ll always have car payments.

You know the reality probably was some special like $.50 off a gallon, and people did that to save less than ten bucks a full tank.

I’m always amazed when some gas station does a loss-leader promotion and the local news stations get wind of it, how many people are lined up, for blocks, usually idling with A/C on, waiting to save $10 or less. While burning fuel that would otherwise be taking them along their merry way.
Remember what happened when an FBO at San Marcos (KHYI) was selling 100LL for $1/gal a couple of years ago? I didn't fly there, but I heard it turned if not into Oshkosh, then KAPA for sure.

Remember what happened when an FBO at San Marcos (KHYI) was selling 100LL for $1/gal a couple of years ago? I didn't fly there, but I heard it turned if not into Oshkosh, then KAPA for sure.

Hahah hey now. KAPA is at least organized chaos! :)

Auburn has been like that since before Bo Jackson and I were students there together (or at least "at the same time" . . . .).

Hey, I was there at that time too. :cool:

Some friends I knew that were at the University of Alabama at the time said we at Auburn had an unfair distribution of hot coeds. :D

I used to buy gas at Costco almost exclusively. Then I got an electric car and have a “full tank” every morning. So it’s 100LL or nothing now...

You weren't around in 1973, were you?

Well it depends on the time of year you're talking about. My body was conceived in 1973 roughly in mid-May. My spirit didn't join with my body until November-ish. Not sure if my spirit was paying attention to earthly events in that time period. I would seriously doubt it.

Back