New United CPP? Skip Regional?

Dane R

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
drosey44
Hey everyone, came across this today and wanted some thoughts on this as I am currently finishing up my PPL with the hopes of an ATP someday. This almost seems too good to be true, to be able to skip the regionals.

http://unitedcpp.com/

That has the possibility of being a good deal for some people. NOT a lot of people.

Thing is, you will be more competitive getting better quality time outside the training environment. And a stint with the regionals is not a bad thing.

Also, if the pilot shortage turns out to not be a myth, the requirements to get hired by a major may fall to the point that they will hire with fewer hours than in the past.

At any rate, good luck if this is the path you choose to follow.

What, exactly, does being in the "hiring pool" at United mean?

That's where the poor chief pilot at United finally gets a chance to take a vacation and finds himself in the hotel pool with all sorts of wannabes jumping into the pool with him, offering drinks and what not in the hopes of getting hired.

That's where the poor chief pilot at United finally gets a chance to take a vacation and finds himself in the hotel pool with all sorts of wannabes jumping into the pool with him, offering drinks and what not in the hopes of getting hired.

What are "what nots" and how can I apply for the CP job..?? :lol::lol:

What are "what nots" and how can I apply for the CP job..?? :lol::lol:

Some of that what not is unlawful in several southern states, and downright lewd elsewhere. Some places, though, it's considered mandatory and requires a logbook endorsement. Just make sure to inspect and wash your undercarriage frequently, and check your flaps while you're at it! Never know what could attach itself to your tailfeathers...

Yeah, that’s the rub in this one. Nobody knows. And the assumption that the pool is still pretty deep means it may or may not be buying you much.

You essentially sign an 18 month contract for “networking opportunities”, which could be useful. Or not.

They’re also pretty careful not to talk salary which is always a red flag.

That’s a common point on all of these marketing campaigns to pick up pilots and have them sign stuff to stay somewhere for a while. Anything they DON’T say on their published docs or websites usually means that’s where they aren’t necessarily competitive.

You don’t know until you ask, but it’d be the biggest non-surprise ever, if the stuff that isn’t mentioned is where each one of these programs falls down or is weak.

Nice equipment though on this one. Not exactly doing the typical spamcan thing. Interesting mix they have listed.

Just make sure to inspect and wash your undercarriage frequently, and check your flaps while you're at it! Never know what could attach itself to your tailfeathers...

Uh bro..... he's a dude.

It means you’ve been hired and are waiting on a class date.

This is a pretty damn good deal for the people that get hired via the program.

Hey everyone, came across this today and wanted some thoughts on this as I am currently finishing up my PPL with the hopes of an ATP someday. This almost seems too good to be true, to be able to skip the regionals.

http://unitedcpp.com/

That's not the golden ticket

ticket-615762.jpg

So there is no such thing as a "pilot shortage" it's a pay shortage for the regional who don't pay much, the majors for the most part pay enough that they will always be getting resumes from folks, the only thing I could see that could hurt them is some that many majors have a requirement for XYZ number of 121 hours, and outside of the majors most of the 121s pay peanuts and offer a not so great quality of life compared to the 91/135/137/etc world. That being said IMO I'd see the majors drop their silly 121 time requirement well before they drop their total time requirement.

Back