Really?...THIS is how it happens?

Shawn

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Shawn
45 Years on this earth doing all kinds of crazy things from rock climbing, mountain biking, bouldering, wakeboarding, flying paramotors, go karts, kite boarding, ATV's, sailing...get to play with life size Tonka Toys my whole life with fork lifts, boom lifts, tractors, all kinds of heavy equipment...and never once ever broke a single bone.

...until my finger met a pressure washer handle today that folded down the wrong way coming outta the truck.

Really?

Last edited:
Haha! Yep I broke my foot by stepping out the door and hitting it on the rocking chair. But when I skydived and missed the landing zone not a scratch.

Haha! Yep I broke my foot by stepping out the door and hitting it on the rocking chair. But when I skydived and missed the landing zone not a scratch.

Among other things I used to run a Country Western Night Club. One night one of our regulars shows up with a cast on his arm..."What happened to you?"..."Bull riding last night"..."Ouch, get bucked off?"..."Na, tripped on the gate and fell getting on the bull"...

It ain’t your fault. It’s their fault. The truck was colluding with the pressure washer. Kaiser was in on it somehow. Sue em all.

EDIT: !!!!! It happened at work and it’s your joint? You gotta sue you to

I'd say I have about 70 fewer bones than I started with, but never broke any.

Last edited:
Busted toes, fingers, and nose but nothing that required a cast so far. Last broken finger I made a splint out of electrical tape and 12/2 romex.

thumb-memb2012.jpg

I've stubbed toes and broken them before, but nothing more than that. The little toes didn't even bruise and healed up quickly without any pain. The big toe I've stubbed a couple times, not so much. It bruised up pretty bad and stupid me kept insisting on "testing" it for pain by curling it up multiple times a day. "Oh s*** it still hurts!" then I'd do it again a few minutes later.

The second time I stubbed and broke a big toe, it finally taught to turn on the damn lights at night if I get up and start walking around. Those walls and sofas (the two things I broke mine on) are dangerous!!!

I went to a ranch expo last week. Conversation was who was going to be crippled during the mad cow ride or the bucking bulls. Only ambulance required injury was the pickup rider, fell off his horse, horse went nuts and ran over him breaking his collar bone. Sometimes it’s just fate!

Motocross, mountain biking, rock climbing, skateboading, etc...I don’t think I’ve broken anything. I usually just landed on my head

Years back, I stepped on an air hose at work and it rolled out from under me. Laid the ankle and foot on the hangar floor, breaking both. Two years later, I took my first vacation day since the broken foot....yep, stumbled in the garage at home, and broke the leg, just above the other breaks..

This thread should be merged with rich's bought a chainsaw thread.

Motocross, mountain biking, rock climbing, skateboading, etc...I don’t think I’ve broken anything. I usually just landed on my head
Hiking here in Vermont, where the rocks are often wet and slippery, I've dislocated a finger and broken a metacarpal in my right hand. Could be much worse, of course.

Landed on your head? Seriously? (I hope not.)

This thread should be merged with rich's bought a chainsaw thread.

I fully expect some good stuff in the Juxtaposed Threads thread with Rich's I Bought a Chainsaw...

I have come to the conclusion my dog is more dangerous than flying.
I have been flying for 6000 hrs and 30 years now and my worst injury is the equivalent of Cessna diamonds, but I instead I walked into the tail of my sailplane while wearing safty glasses, put a nice half moon scar right between my eyes where the safty glasses cut me.

Since getting my Dog 5 years ago I have broke my ankle stepping off my front step into the hole he dug there, Then about 6 months later I slipped on a patch of ice while taking him for a walk and fractured my wrist:(.
Brian

Shouldn't you be suing someone? Or does that wait until you get the letter from Kaiser because THEY want to sue someone...

Surviving septic shock, gangrene, and multiple amputations.

I worked with the world's nicest lady several years ago. Truly a good person, not like the rif-raf around here. Anyway, she was pretty upset about her elderly father's health was failing in many ways. He'd had multiple appendages amputated because of poor circulation. She came in crying one day and said that they'd had to remove his foot. I chuckled and she looked puzzled...keep in mind we have that kind of rapport - very good friendship. So I told her it reminded me of the pig joke.

"A guy's car breaks down and he walks to the nearest house, where a farmer greets him, but the guy sees a 1-legged pig and asks about it. The farmer tells him it's a miracle pig, saved the family several times. Fire broke out one night and the pig races in the house, wakes them and saves them all. "is that how he lost his legs?" "no" Serial killer takes the family hostage and pig tackles him, saving the family. "is that how he lost his legs?" "no" After a few of the saves the guy asks the farmer, "so what's the story on your one-legged pig?!!!"

"Well, with a pig like that you don't eat him all at once."

She sent me a note saying it was the first laugh she'd had in months.

Landed on your head? Seriously?
Hey! That's the thickest, strongest bone in my body!

Buddy comes into work one day with a cast. 'What happened"?

"I was taking the girls to see 'The Little Mermaid" and I tripped as I was walking into the theater."

"Dude, you gotta come up with a better story than that..."

Many, many moons ago I saw a TV interview with Fred Astaire (fabulous movie dance from the ear without wires and green screens if you're to young to know... Incredible graceful and athletic gentleman.). He appeared with his arm in a cast. The host asked about it and appearing quite sheepish, he said he'd tried out his grandson's skateboard...

45 Years on this earth doing all kinds of crazy things from rock climbing, mountain biking, bouldering, wakeboarding, flying paramotors, go karts, kite boarding, ATV's, sailing.....

Ditto and add is 30 years of dirt bike racing.. MX, Enduros, Hare Scrambles etc...

Riding my beach cruiser bicycle I get tapped by a car, fall, and have a compound fracture of my left radius... few hours later I am getting admitted to the Harley Ward at the local hospital...

But that is another story

Hiking here in Vermont, where the rocks are often wet and slippery, I've dislocated a finger and broken a metacarpal in my right hand. Could be much worse, of course.

Landed on your head? Seriously? (I hope not.)
Yes. I was screwing around in a grassy field behind one of the motocross tracks one time and hit a hole going ~65. Threw me over the bars and I went head first into the ground. Everything went black for a minute, but I was fine. Still raced that day. The other times were just typical falls (ladders, ramps, etc) for the most part

Back