Flying Mustang?

Looks like somebody pulled that design out of the mind of 6PC...

large-4c855ae5bf7e3993e8ae9057cfc51024941d6e2d.jpg

Yugo baby! :)
Two guys in a Yugo were arrested last night in South Alabama following a push-by shooting incident.

The new Yugo has an air bag. When you sense an impending accident, start pumping real fast.

A came into my salvage yard the other day and said, "I'd like a gas cap for my Yugo." I replied, "Okay. Sounds like a fair trade."

I have also said for years that the car is named because "Yugo, but it doesn't".

How can you get a Yugo to do 60 miles an hour?
Push it over a cliff.

Two guys in a Yugo were arrested last night in South Alabama following a push-by shooting incident.

The new Yugo has an air bag. When you sense an impending accident, start pumping real fast.

A came into my salvage yard the other day and said, "I'd like a gas cap for my Yugo." I replied, "Okay. Sounds like a fair trade."

I have also said for years that the car is named because "Yugo, but it doesn't".

Push it over a cliff.

The used car dealer I worked for in my past, when I was there he was buying all the Yugos he could get his hands on. Turns out the engines made excellent irrigation pump motors.

I could get 3 Yugos on the 1 ton wrecker by pulling them up the ramp sideways, and tow one on the stinger for a total of 4. Wish I had a picture.

The used car dealer I worked for in my past, when I was there he was buying all the Yugos he could get his hands on. Turns out the engines made excellent irrigation pump motors

Had a similar job with VW bugs one summer... this guy would buy them from the wrecking yard, dealerships, and from owners... the engines went to one place and were used for farm equipment and he kept everything else for resale...

If only I knew back then what I know today!!!!

Push it over a cliff.
Replace "Yugo" with "Citation", and most of these still work. ;)

Had a similar job with VW bugs one summer... this guy would buy them from the wrecking yard, dealerships, and from owners... the engines went to one place and were used for farm equipment and he kept everything else for resale...

If only I knew back then what I know today!!!!
No kidding... we frequently get requests for used parts for vintage VW beetles and busses. Unfortunately I have no solid source for OEM parts for those.

The used car dealer I worked for in my past, when I was there he was buying all the Yugos he could get his hands on. Turns out the engines made excellent irrigation pump motors.
That reminds me of the reverse situation of the Coventry Climax FW inline-4, originally designed as a portable fire pump engine, but an evolution of that engine went on to power some late 1950s F1 cars and a whole slew of road cars. Makes sense...both applications require extended high-rpm operation. Very good power/weight for its day.

No kidding... we frequently get requests for used parts for vintage VW beetles and busses. Unfortunately I have no solid source for OEM parts for those.

Airhead VW in Ventura, CA

Wolfsburg West in Cornoa, CA

Back