Landing fees

benyflyguy

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
benyflyguy
what is a good resource for looking up landing fees for various places???
I was doing some flight planning down to Raleigh and was wondering if krdu had fees.

what is a good resource for looking up landing fees for various places???
I was doing some flight planning down to Raleigh and was wondering if krdu had fees.

Yes, RDU has fees.

The FBO you use will collect the fee. And there are incidents where the fee might be reduced or waived (charity flights for example or fuel purchase.

Calling them will answer your questions, and tell you what to expect.

My Daughter will be attending NCSU. It would be nice if there was someplace that I could just pick her up with out paying $20 for a 5 min pickup/dropoff.

I’m torn on landing fees at public airports. If I don’t utilize FBO services, why should I have to pay a private business for landing at an FAA funded airport? On the other hand, it generates revenue to help keep GA alive, albeit on life support.

My Daughter will be attending NCSU. It would be nice if there was someplace that I could just pick her up with out paying $20 for a 5 min pickup/dropoff.

You own an airplane and are sweating a $20 fee?

RDU doesnt have a landing fee to my knowledge.

Signature and TAC Air have fees.

If I am wrong, I'll be quickly corrected.

RDU doesnt have a landing fee to my knowledge.

Signature and TAC Air have fees.

If I am wrong, I'll be quickly corrected.

Money is leaving your wallet one way or another.

You own an airplane and are sweating a $20 fee?

Yes...and it is more like $40 for pick up and drop off.

I 'sweat' almost everything. Which is why I can afford college for my daughter, an airplane, two boats, a house on the water, trips to Europe and very little debt on GS-12 pay.

Last edited:
What’s your point? You think just because he owns a plane makes him more able or willing to burn a $20 bill?

I wasn’t making a point. Just a cheeky observation ;)

I would usually call the FBO or look it up on AIR NAV,will give rampfee.me a try next time.

Actually, Instead of a ramp fee, I should look at it as a 'Let my Daughter park her car here for a week' fee. Considering that the regular parking at RDU charges $15/day it is a deal, especially if I buy fuel and they waive the fee.

Yes...and it is more like $40 for pick up and drop off.

I 'sweat' almost everything. Which is why I can afford college for my daughter, an airplane, two boats, a house on the water, trips to Europe and very little debt on GS-12 pay.

Good for you. The folks working at Signature want the same stuff, unless you are special some how.

Good for you. The folks working at Signature want the same stuff, unless you are special some how.

Perhaps they should find a way to get it that doesn't involve ripping people off through monopoly control of taxpayer funded resources then. Leaches.

Perhaps they should find a way to get it that doesn't involve ripping people off through monopoly control of taxpayer funded resources then. Leaches.

Dude, the guy complaining is a mid level govt employee who says he can afford college for his daughter, an airplane, two boats, a house on the water, trips to Europe and very little debt and complaining about $40.

Last edited:

Those leeches (note correct spelling) bid for the concession rights to operate the FBO, and landing fee income is considered in their bid and are an important source of revenue for the business. They are allowed by law to collect it. It's also common for FBOs to be required to pay part of the fee to the airport owner.

While taxpayers that have nothing to do with GA pay the airport grants and local government taxes (thereby partially financing your flying), you as a pilot are a direct user of the resources.

It's comical you splutter about "taxpayer funded resources" that directly benefit you, but you're too cheap to pay a small additional fee to support your activities.

Those leeches (note correct spelling) bid for the concession rights to operate the FBO, and landing fee income is considered in their bid and are an important source of revenue for the business. They are allowed by law to collect it. It's also common for FBOs to be required to pay part of the fee to the airport owner.

While taxpayers that have nothing to do with GA pay the airport grants and local government taxes (thereby partially financing your flying), you as a pilot are a direct user of the resources.

It's comical you splutter about "taxpayer funded resources" that directly benefit you, but you're too cheap to pay a small additional fee to support your activities.

Landing fees rarely are kept by the FBO. Perhaps you mean ramp fees?

Paul

RDU is a pretty busy airport. Hell it can run $20 to park your car at an airport like that for a few hours, don’t see why a plane should be cheaper. I mean, it would be nice if it was free, but I don’t think $20 is unreasonable for RDU.

Ramp and landing fees are similar to toll roads. Some of us try to avoid them both. It doesn't mean we cannot afford them. Name calling such as labeling us as cheap is verbally abusive and all too common these days. It seems most outgrew name calling after childhood but lately it may be observed everywhere.

I support the notion of a service user funding the service being used, but it seems we always hear a small additional fee type language where funding for governmental services are concerned.

I usually just call the FBO.

And be specific, I used to call and ask "is there any thing I should know before I arrive?" They would never mention the fee. Now I just flat out ask if there is a cost to visit and get the name of the person I'm talking to in case there is a change when I get there (again).

Ramp and landing fees are similar to toll roads. Some of us try to avoid them both. It doesn't mean we cannot afford them. Name calling such as labeling us as cheap is verbally abusive and all too common these days. It seems most outgrew name calling after childhood but lately it may be observed everywhere.

I support the notion of a service user funding the service being used, but it seems we always hear a small additional fee type language where funding for governmental services are concerned.

When I label people is when they drive up to the booth on the toll road, say they didn’t know the charges, ask for the toll to be waived and complain online about it when they refused. Cheap isn’t the word I use for that.

Just think how bad ramp fees are going to be once we're all flying around in electric airplanes.

Rampfee.me
I've noticed that they don't have a column for landing fees, just ramp fees and handling fees. I see that some people are reporting landing fees in the ramp-fee column, but I don't know how consistent that is.

Do you keep your plane at Oakland? If so, does the $50 landing fee apply to GA planes that are based there?

Back