Kids react to Queen

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
The girl in the pigtails has the best reactions.

I'm impressed by how many of the kiddos are familiar with Queen. While everyone knows what a great artist Freddie was, there are some less well known but interesting facts about the band.

Here are a couple:

Almost all of the fantastic harmonies and vocals on their records were done by the band members themselves, including those on Bohemian Rhapsody. That's drummer Roger Taylor doing the soprano bits in his high falsetto.

Guitarist Brian May used a guitar of his own design for almost all of his work with Queen. At the time the band was formed, Brian was studying physics at university. He had begun his PhD thesis in 1974, which he then set aside for almost forty years.

He returned to work on the thesis, titled A Survey of Radial Velocities in the Zodiacal Dust Cloud in 2006, and was awarded his doctorate in astrophysics in 2007.

Brian was awarded Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire by Queen Elizabeth in 2005 for "Services to the music industry and charity work".

Queen is one of my favorite bands.

Have every album, and still listen to them regularly. Between Queen, Rush, Van Halen, and Chicken Foot, I have all the music I'll ever need.

Who knew Disco would make a comeback?

(Though honestly, these songs are in my playlists)

Guitarist Brian May used a guitar of his own design for almost all of his work with Queen. At the time the band was formed, Brian was studying physics at university. He had begun his PhD thesis in 1974, which he then set aside for almost forty years.

He returned to work on the thesis, titled A Survey of Radial Velocities in the Zodiacal Dust Cloud in 2006, and was awarded his doctorate in astrophysics in 2007.

Brian was awarded Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire by Queen Elizabeth in 2005 for "Services to the music industry and charity work".
He is, indeed, an active astrophysicist and was a consultant or collaborator with the New Horizons science team. On the more public front, he co-founded Asteroid Day and even has an asteroid named after him.

Disco is what sent me back to rednecks, white socks and blue ribbon beer.....

So I used to hate Reo Speedwagon, but now I've seen them about four times. They still sound great btw, but I'm wondering if I should get tested for low T?

Back