Jurassic World : Fallen Kingdom

PaulS

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
PaulS
Saw this movie tonight, started with the actors flying to the island in a Cessna Caravan. They started the engine and it sounded like a lawnmower engine. Then they had another flyover scene, and it sounded like a low pass by a Cherokee. Why can't these Hollywood types ever get it right?

Heard a Bob Mondello review of the movie yesterday, it was hilarious. He wasn't impressed.

I never realized there were so many Jurassic Park movies out there. The last one I watched at the gym had a main character ripped in two and ate by two dinosours.

I've seen that movie dozens of times and never noticed that one before! Gonna have to watch for that next time I see it.
Haha yeah I didn't catch it until recently.
Not all of them, but some, like at 1:58 and 3:18

Haha yeah I didn't catch it until recently.
Not all of them, but some, like at 1:58 and 3:18

That movie was comedic genius, the movie last night is an indication of an industry that gets very little right.

The first one was good. The rest were just creature-features, which I'm never interested in.

I’ve never been a big dinosaur guy, but as a kid I loved all things Silicon Graphics and had my parents take me to see the original for that reason alone. Never saw any of the others.

I’ve never been a big dinosaur guy, but as a kid I loved all things Silicon Graphics and had my parents take me to see the original for that reason alone. Never saw any of the others.
The effects in the original were good for their day, but in terms of the science, we know more enough about them today that it's clear they were wrong on many counts. Google "feathered dinosaurs" for details on the current thinking if you're not up on the recent developments. (And yes, many theropods including the velociraptors that terrorized the folks in JP, are included in this.)

Personally I enjoy seeing (and listening to) interesting dinosaurs every time I go for a hike. Would be neat to see what the ones that died off 66 million years ago really looked like, but I doubt we ever will, at least not by bringing a species back to life.

an industry that gets very little right
Like making a Solo movie nobody asked for and cancelling the Kenobi movie everyone wanted

Wind River was the last genuinely good movie I saw that I liked

Like making a Solo movie nobody asked for and cancelling the Kenobi movie everyone wanted

Wind River was the last genuinely good movie I saw that I liked

Wind River was a great movie!

I find myself liking most of the animated movies that come out more than most of the live action ones. I saw The Incredibles 2 for the second time today, and it beats Solo by a mile.

While I don't think I2 is quite as good as the original (the first one was EPIC), it's damn close. The scene with baby Jack Jack and the Raccoon is one of the funniest I've seen in any movie, period.

I don't have too many movies I consider EPIC (my definition being, if they changed one thing about it, it would lessen the picture, that's how good it is), but the #1 on my list is How To Train Your Dragon. That movie to me is just so perfect on so many levels. Animated or live action, I wish more movies could live up to that level of storytelling.

But sadly, all we seem to get are CGI eye candy movies (which to me, are anything made by Michael Bay), or endless sequels that only exist to make a buck, like the Jurassic Parks. I really enjoyed the original - it was another EPIC movie for me. All the others...meh.

“It’s a Unix system!”

Back