Lifetime Fishing/Hunting/Trapping License

Congrats! Colorado used to have something like that, I'm told...

In FL over 65, no longer need a Salt Water License.....or so an elderly friend informed me
:rolleyes:

Funny, I've lived in AK for 50 years and this year when I tried to get the permanent license? ADFG needs several items for proof of residency. Seriously? I've had Tier II hunting permits every year for 15 years. Because I've been here long enough to get them! You'd think they could look at their own records for their answers!

Just got my lifetime fishing/hunting/trapping license.. Free for folks over 60 in Alaska...:) Next is retirement...:) Maybe 3 years...:):)
Wow now that’s cool. In my state, Michigan, they just have a reduced price “senior license”.

Just got my lifetime fishing/hunting/trapping license.. Free for folks over 60 in Alaska...:) Next is retirement...:) Maybe 3 years...:):)
I got a lifetime Hunting/Fishing License when I lived in NC - for which the fee was, IIRC, $28 at the time.

Compare that with $533 each for Hunting and Fishing in CA - plus $360 for a Fishing Privileges Package, $310 for a Bird Privileges Package, and $646 for s Big Game
Privileges Package. All together that comes to some $2382. Forget that. At least you can fish in the ocean from a pier with no license.

Dave

Funny, I've lived in AK for 50 years and this year when I tried to get the permanent license? ADFG needs several items for proof of residency. Seriously? I've had Tier II hunting permits every year for 15 years. Because I've been here long enough to get them! You'd think they could look at their own records for their answers!
Took me about 5 minutes. Went down to Fish and Game office answered 4 or 5 questions, showed them my drivers license and all was good. Out the door in less than 10 min...:)

All the time I have spent working in Alaska I never got the chance to hunt or fish, not even when I spent a summer in Homer.

I thought about getting a RonCo Pocket fisherman to take with me on charters but never did.

il_fullxfull.344987889.jpg

Wow now that’s cool. In my state, Michigan, they just have a reduced price “senior license”.
Lived in the UP for 3 years working in a copper mine 6 miles south of lake Superior. I truly enjoyed my time in the UP. Walleye fishing is at the top of my list and I think is one of the best tasting fresh water fish. Us to deer hunt with my old 50cal black powder rifle. Grouse hunting was another pastime..:)

I thought about getting a RonCo Pocket fisherman to take with me on charters but never did.
You're showing your age you know....:) Don't know if I have seen that advertised since the 80's.....:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I got a lifetime Hunting/Fishing License when I lived in NC - for which the fee was, IIRC, $28 at the time.

Compare that with $533 each for Hunting and Fishing in CA - plus $360 for a Fishing Privileges Package, $310 for a Bird Privileges Package, and $646 for s Big Game
Privileges Package. All together that comes to some $2382. Forget that. At least you can fish in the ocean from a pier with no license.

Dave

Ouch!!! Glad I escaped that looney bin decades ago.

AARP starts at 50

Yeah, but if AARP has their way you won't need the hunting license unless you are hunting with black powder or archery. Read their web page for their position on the 2nd Amendment. They've never gotten a dime from me, nor will they ever.

Got to use my fishing license today. Fishing was good but the catching wasn't...:rolleyes:

Got mine in Colorado, 65 free + $1 per year SAR fee

What? They still have them? I guess I was thinking of the Sportsman Combo they used to offer - combo elk/deer/bear license, maybe?

What? They still have them? I guess I was thinking of the Sportsman Combo they used to offer - combo elk/deer/bear license, maybe?
Sorry fishing only. bad post on my part. No hunting discount at all.

Back