What I learned on my beach vacation

Seriously? How is this not a rules violation?

It's probably a rules violation. Of a stupid rule. Whether I agree or disagree with the cited post is immaterial, I thought it was entertaining.

The beaches here in Daytona suck. The wave action is intense, the beaches are too wide. There are cars driving up and down.

There is no good reason for you inlanders to come here, so please, just stay away and let us natives enjoy life as we like it.

As the sign said, "Welcome to Florida; now go home".

We were at Virginia beach for the week. Lovely place, clean and safe from debris. The town runs sifters and pick up the trash every morning. Not allot of hotties except the life guards.

That's cause they were all up on shore drive.....the other "beach" in VA Beach......ie the Chesapeake side.

As long as there's sand, clear warm water and a fun atmosphere, I'm good. We've been to the Bahamas a dozen times and love it. Destin used to be a quicker, cheaper trip but their prices have gone through the roof.

But we pretty much do the same thing every year. Swim and relax on the beach. Conversation over dinner. Kill time at gift shops, walk on the beach and wind down watching tv before calling it a day.

I'm so busy the other 51 weeks a year that one week of taking my time eating danishes and drinking coffee for breakfast is what I look forward to. The beach is just icing on the cake.

Lived on both coasts - west coast beaches are just OK, unless you're a surfer. Otherwise, colder water, coarse sand, not very clear water. A bit better South of LA, and some exceptions, but mostly so. East coast beaches about the same, warmer water, but even less clear. Again, much better farther south and in some of Florida. Gulf Coast so-so, warm anyway. In this hemisphere, a beach-specific trip would be best made to a Carribean location.

OK, so Caribbean vs. South Pacific. Hawaii vs. Puerto Rico. Fiji vs. Bahamas. Who wins?

We're going to Pensacola this fall with another couple. Recommendations? Suggestions?

OK, so Caribbean vs. South Pacific. Hawaii vs. Puerto Rico. Fiji vs. Bahamas. Who wins?
BTDT in the Navy - seen 'em all. But, I hate the beach so I can't tell you. My wife, a SoCal beach babe who I shanghai'ed to Colorado, on the other hand, prefers the Carib beaches. And, happy wife, happy life, so I go to the beach every year. ;)

Saw a lot of eye candy on the beaches in Spain last week.

Back