What I learned on my beach vacation

cgrab

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
cgrab
1. Sand gets everywhere
2. It's too hot, too cold, too loud, too quiet, too bright, and too dark all at the same time
3. The wind blows allot and strong
4. When the wind slows down, the bugs come out
5. No matter the cloud cover you will get burned
6. You will be tired. The sun, sand, and waves will wear you out
7. The combination of 1, 2, 5, 6 means all those thoughts of a vacation filled with sex isn't going to happen
8. You won't find a better parking place than the first one you find so just park and pay
9. When the bikini clad babe asks if she can pet your puppy, don't ask if you can pet her *****
10. Be prepared when she says yes

Beaches in So Cal were nice. Perfect temperature, good waves, cool water. Parking sucked at the ones I went to, had to park up the cliffs and walk down. 90% of the folks there belonged there and nowhere else. Looked like they spend most of their time there and nowhere else too.

1f1.jpg

Define "everywhere"

1. Sand gets everywhere
2. It's too hot, too cold, too loud, too quiet, too bright, and too dark all at the same time
7. The combination of 1, 2, 5, 6 means all those thoughts of a vacation filled with sex isn't going to happen
8. You won't find a better parking place than the first one you find so just park and pay
9. When the bikini clad babe asks if she can pet your puppy, don't ask if you can pet her *****

You're just now learning this? Disagree with #7, sex happens. But if you're with someone and hit on that bikini babe, then no, no sex for you. Unless you dump the one you're with and go with bikini babe. Then maybe you get laid. ;):D

You're just now learning this? Disagree with #7, sex happens. But if you're with someone and hit on that bikini babe, then no, no sex for you. Unless you dump the one you're with and go with bikini babe. Then maybe you get laid. ;):D

Unless you fly a Cirrus. There is a graphic somewhere that explains this.. :)

12). The one smoker on the beach will automatically find a spot 50' upwind of you to set up for a day long session of chain smoking.

12). The one smoker on the beach will automatically find a spot 50' upwind of you to set up for a day long session of chain smoking.
Isn’t that the truth! If there’s one thing I can’t stand it’s cigarette smoke.

You must not have been in Alabama or Mississippi or you would have added:

11) don't walk in your bare feet on the beach because there's broken glass (and in some areas needles) everywhere left behind by the local rednecks & druggies.

They even have machines in the Gulfport, Biloxi, Pascagoula areas that run up and down the beaches, sifting thru the sand, removing broken glass and other trash. Pretty sad. Haven't seen them elsewhere but I'm confident that some other areas are as bad. Galveston immediately comes to mind.

You must not have been in Alabama or Mississippi or you would have added:

11) don't walk in your bare feet on the beach because there's broken glass (and in some areas needles) everywhere left behind by the local rednecks & druggies.

They even have machines in the Gulfport, Biloxi, Pascagoula areas that run up and down the beaches, sifting thru the sand, removing broken glass and other trash. Pretty sad. Haven't seen them elsewhere but I'm confident that some other areas are as bad. Galveston immediately comes to mind.
The beaches along the Florida panhandle such as Panama City and Gulf Shores are rightfully referred to as the Redneck Riviera.

We all know the best beaches are on the left coast. :)

The best beaches are in the Caribbean (care ih bein, not care ibbien, thank you.) Danang has some quite nice beaches as well, except Charlie is slowly learning to surf.

Best beaches are on the west coast of Florida,one of the major complaints are sea gulls. Wind driven sand is also in abundance.

Best beaches are on the west coast of Florida,one of the major complaints are sea gulls. Wind driven sand is also in abundance.

The best Florida beaches might be Gulf side, but not the best in the world.

Best beaches are in Thailand, ask me how I know it and no sand doesn’t get everywhere

We were at Virginia beach for the week. Lovely place, clean and safe from debris. The town runs sifters and pick up the trash every morning. Not allot of hotties except the life guards.

What’s are these beach things y’all are talking about?

Love, flyover State with no water. :)

NC beaches are pretty good. If you have a boat, land soundside, cross the island, can often have the place to yourself. Beaches at Ocracoke island are especially nice. But watch out for the rip. We loose 2-3 a year.

The beaches along the Florida panhandle such as Panama City and Gulf Shores are rightfully referred to as the Redneck Riviera.

We vacation on the Florida Panhandle from time to time. However we stick to the beaches in Navarre, between the tourist areas of Pensacola and Ft. Walton/Destin, plus we are there on the off season. Usually have the beach to ourselves.

Ah, sorry - people make the same mistaken assumption about Cedar KEY.......where the oysters have sliced up my dogs’ feet.
Thanks.
Any dog friendly beaches down that way?

1. Sand gets everywhere
All are true if you go to the wrong beach :)
I found the best beach in the world that solves all your list of problems Including No. 7 :)
Cape Santa Maria Resort on Long Island Bahamas.
They even have a runway next to the resort.

I love this beach!

Aviation connection for the thread: I learned how to brief an instrument approach on a beach.

All are true if you go to the wrong beach :)
I found the best beach in the world that solves all your list of problems Including No. 7 :)
Cape Santa Maria Resort on Long Island Bahamas.
They even have a runway next to the resort.

I love this beach!

Cape Santa Maria is a great place. And pretty affordable too.

Here's a picture I took while climbing out on the way home a few years ago.
_MG_1010.jpg

Some guy was taking a Beech vacation at Gastons and it didn't work out as planned.

[Maybe I misunderstood the assignment]

Let me point out that the East coast and Gulf coast beaches are the best in the US. The ones on the west cost are very bad, you should never come here... er go there, never go there.
20180614_172740.jpg

Best beaches are in northwest Alaska.

Pretty much guaranteed there will be no one else there.

Well, no humans anyway.....I never understood the thought process to go to a beach where several thousand other people go.

Some see a beach here, I see a landing strip.

th

Back