Devastating news

Tom-D

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
Tom-D
A young lady that grew up with our kids had pretty much free run of our house, told us last night she has terminal brain cancer.

Prayers please.

Ugh very to sorry to hear this, Tom! :(

Blessings!

Tom - so sorry to hear that. Prayers for all around her.

Sorry for your loss. And her's of course.

Tomorrow is never guaranteed folks.

Sorry to hear, thoughts and prayers...

You got it Tom. My wife's best friend has stage 4 colon cancer so we are dealing with that.

So sorry to hear that. It's really tough when it hits close to home, especially when they are young.
I'll be happy to pray for her and all that are affected by this.

Sorry to hear that Chief. Prayers her and y'all.

That "thing" you've been putting off; IR, book outline, trip to Barcelona, cooking class. . . the time we have feels like our wealth. Wish we all could give her a few moments each.

I second the notion that you never know how much time you have left. Welcome every day with thanks for the blessing of living another day.

About 2 weeks ago my wife and I were talking about some good friends of ours and just how cool they were. They are about 15 years older than us but just “have it good”. I’ve known them all my life. They’re 100% middle class that would do anything for anyone. They’re humble yet feel they have everything they need and don’t “want” for anything more. Great close knit family. Just a super attitude toward life in general.

Phillip had been having some joint pain in his wrists for several months. More recently some frequent cramps in his legs. Last week they finally figured out he has ALS and are giving him 1-3 years max and who knows how long he’ll have any quality of life.

I can’t imagine any worse diagnosis.

Don’t take for granted a single day.

My older sister bought it from ALS, nasty way to go (not that there are any good ones). Still difficult to teach about it after all these years.

Our Sweetheart passed this evening. OD to pain meds.

This whole neighborhood is in tears.

No more pain for her, Tom. May she rest in peace. I will say a prayer for her. Condolences to you and all she touched on her passing.

Very sorry for your loss.

Back