My wife did the unthinkable today.

image.jpg

The better question, does she have a legediment concern?

It's threads like this that make me appreciate being single. Nobody can question, or try to influence, how much I spend on my toys and hobbies :)

I just made sure I didn't get married until 10 years after I started flying. That way there wouldn't be a question later on whether my wife understood my priorities. She didn't even have an issue with me buying into an airplane when we had been married less than a year.

I don't ask what she spends on clothes and shoes (and furniture, decor, new dishes when the old ones seem fine), etc. and she does not ask what I spend on airplanes and flying.

I think it helps that she knows if something happened and money got tight, I would sell the planes before I would let it affect our family

Ask her how much she spends on shoes, clothes, hair products, nick knacks, furniture, etc. If nothing else, you can always stay in the hangar.

My answer to anyone asking about how much I paid for something.
“I paid what it costs”

I just made sure I didn't get married until 10 years after I started flying. That way there wouldn't be a question later on whether my wife understood my priorities. She didn't even have an issue with me buying into an airplane when we had been married less than a year.

They tried that with people building houses around airports. It didn't work.

Tell her "Probably not as much as I could." And then start talking about the new plane you've had your eye on.

This was all put into motion by sharing the insurance quotes on the new plane I've had my eye on (lesson learned on over-sharing I guess).

I am proactive. I razz my wife over her Amazon and Kohl bills, the entire time not giving on shiite about how much she spends...so when she does ask...I have ammunition...

Whatever you pay for, it's for "safety."

Tell her the truth, just not all of it at once:

"It's only $200 a month for the hangar, $100 month for insurance and a little for gas. They're might a couple of other little things I'm forgetting....."

They tried that with people building houses around airports. It didn't work.

Only half-jokingly, my wife and I have a marriage "contract" that includes me having a hangar and her having a gazebo. She's been patient with the gazebo, but we do have a nice covered patio, so pretty close. I did have to endure a tiedown for a few years too.

Ha! My wife is into horses. She doesn’t say a word about my flying. In fact, we share each other’s hobbies and it works out well.

Back