Starduster project anyone

You simply bid what it is worth to you.
Why care what they hope to get?
Bid what it is worth to you, if you get it - good.
If you don't get it, Oh well some one paid too much

Why would an insurance company have to sell a fully functional airplane as part of an insurance claim?

The price of a paint job is more than the value of the plane, So they totaled it?

Why would an insurance company have to sell a fully functional airplane as part of an insurance claim?

The price of a paint job is more than the value of the plane, So they totaled it?
Because he clipped the other airplane with the prop. If a mandatory tear down is required it would be cheaper to total it rather than fix it, depending on what coverage he had.

Because he clipped the other airplane with the prop. If a mandatory tear down is required it would be cheaper to total it rather than fix it, depending on what coverage he had.

The engine is a Lycoming 0-290- there is no mandatory tear down, Compliance with the AD is to inspect the crank gear and replace a couple parts.
But like I've said before most aircraft are not worth a new engine.

The engine is a Lycoming 0-290- there is no mandatory tear down, Compliance with the AD is to inspect the crank gear and replace a couple parts.
But like I've said before most aircraft are not worth a new engine.
Especially amateur built. Might be better off parting it out.

So “fully functional airplane” means something different to them I guess.

Because, to me, a plane that had struck another with its prop and not yet been repaired would not be “fully functional”.

Last edited:
So “fully functional airplane” means something different to them I guess.

Because, to me, a plane that had struck another with its prop and not yet been repaired would not be “fully functional”.
Yeah, I had that same thought. But it had to do with it being DISASSEMBLED. LOL

Back