Bose X vs. Lightspeed Sierra?

asicer

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
asicer
Thinking about an upgrade for a passenger headset. I notice that used Bose X and used Lightspeed Sierra seem to be about the same price range of $400-$500.

Which one would you get and why?

I have a Bose X and a Zulu 2, the zulus feel more solid and have bluetooth. Sierras are plastic and are heavier.

Zulus can't be properly worn in the right seat of most airplanes. Bose and Sierra's can.

Thinking about an upgrade for a passenger headset. I notice that used Bose X and used Lightspeed Sierra seem to be about the same price range of $400-$500.

Before you jump on a used headset you might want to check warranties. They may only cover original purchaser.

I’ve always really liked the Bose X’s. They’re very comfortable and fit nicely on my head— hard to beat for the money, although I was planning to purchase a pair of Sierra’s within the next few months.

Sierra. Bose doesn't sell the X any more, so that's a used one.

I have a Bose X and a Lightspeed PFX in my front seats. I used the Bose a lot before the Lightspeed. Haven't touched it since...

Zulus can't be properly worn in the right seat of most airplanes. Bose and Sierra's can.

Why not? I've used mine in the right seat.

I sent a PM... I have a bunch of Lightspeed stuff and Bose X's..
If it was me I would do Lightspeed.... But I can get whatever you want.

I have a Bose X and a Lightspeed PFX in my front seats. I used the Bose a lot before the Lightspeed. Haven't touched it since...

Why not? I've used mine in the right seat.

He thinks you need the mic on the right side for the right seat. LOL!
Not sure why you would put the mic on the right for the right seat???
I guess flying my Cub and Pitts I can't have the mic on the right or left. It needs to be in the center :)

So's the Sierra, unless I want to spend an extra ~$200 for a new one.

I sent a PM... I have a bunch of Lightspeed stuff and Bose X's..
If it was me I would do Lightspeed.... But I can get whatever you want.
Thanks, I'll keep you in mind. Since it's for pax I'm not in a super big hurry.

Instruct in a DA40 with it's center console jacks. :)

Then the left seater has to wear it backwards.

Not really true. Lightspeeds are directional and the mic and cord are on the left side of the headset. So if the jacks are to your right, you either run the cord across your lap or behind your back. Ain't awful. Ain't ideal either.

Back