1st class SI timeline

KillianO

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
KillianO
Hello all, first post here.

Chemical dependency was the problem. Given requirements 1/2017, have gone through them all and continue to do so. Re-exam with HIMS Psych and AME early 3/2018. Submitted to OKC end of 3/2018. Have been calling every 10 business days as instructed by OKC. Last update was beginning of 6/2018 with "prepped and packaged for D.C., waiting to send". I have a time constraint; I need it by end of 8/2018. Am I right to be worried about not getting it in time? any tips from those who have gone through this? Thank you all.

Has your HIMS AME been working as your advocate? Making phone calls on your behalf as needed?

Has your HIMS AME been working as your advocate? Making phone calls on your behalf as needed?
Honestly, I doubt it. I've been with him for the entire process and over time he has lost focus on my case due to his other cases. we both agree that I should transfer to a new HIMS AME when I have moved and received my SI. I contact him regularly and it is to no avail. typically no reply, and if there is, it is at least a week later.
He knew the time constraints since the beginning of the process and did not seem to be concerned about not meeting it.

This is gonna be tight and if there is any weakness in the package you will not make it in time.

Why did the pkg go to OKC?? These go to DC.....

This is gonna be tight and if there is any weakness in the package you will not make it in time.

Why did the pkg go to OKC?? These go to DC.....

Hello Dr. Bruce!

I feel the case is very strong. Everything required has been properly documented and no unnecessary information included. My AME is based out of Milwaukee, where I began this process. As to why it went to OKC first: No clue.

I will try to contact my AME again to have him give a call to OKC, as he will have more leveraging power than I.

Many early HIMS AME's were taught (told) to send to OKC for their 'chop'. I do not believe there is any printed instruction that says otherwise ... but i can be educated!

Many early HIMS AME's were taught (told) to send to OKC for their 'chop'. I do not believe there is any printed instruction that says otherwise ... but i can be educated!
Look at the drug and alcohol checklist. It sez it goes to AAM 240 in DC.

To the OP- tell Dr Terry J, to look at the coversheet! They have changed how the want it done, as of April 2018.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back