A jet with a history

image.jpeg

Air Force command I was under flew 4-5 of them as C-140s and used them for world wide flight checking at USAF bases. They'd (the pilots) would also quiz us (on frequency) on ATC procedures and such. In the 70s-80s they had this paint scheme.

You’d have to convince The Tennessee Aviation Museum in Sevierville to give up the engines.

WAs this the model jet that was in goldfinger at the end???

I’m on it. Always wanted a Jetstar.

Hellfighters starring John Wayne.

Mario Andretti used to own a Jetstar, N500MA.

There are a bunch of them rotting on the ramp at FPR if you want one lol. Westwinds, GIIIs/IVs, and a few others too

Handled a lawsuit for one of these that crashed at Miami Int’l years ago. Ferry flight with three engines. One was rigged wrong and was only making 50-60% power. Didn’t abort in time and went off the end of the runway. Pilot died in the fire, co-pilot escaped through the cockpit window. Pictures were really bad.

As a kid with a Father and Grandfathers who worked at Lockheed Georgia, I went through a bunch of Jetstars (and C-130's, C-141's, and C-5's) during open houses. Two specific aircraft I remember were owned by Elvis and Howard Hughes.

Sidenote: Wayne Newton had one of those too... He used to frequent my Jet Center at TEB pretty often... (Nice guy, by the way)...

Flew (passenger not pilot) in one for years. Rode the Jetstar to Africa, Russia, all over Central America, Europe, etc. Fun jet.

Back