.,m.,m

Ex; right engine dead so too much left rudder ball is to the right side 5 bank to left I would think f you had inboard engines that you wouldn’t have a problem with fuel because it should be coming towards the inboard engine from centrifugal force or am I mistaken ?
Wow. It’s really hard to parse what you are asking without good punctuation and capitalization.

To address Ed’s point, think about how the ball in a slip/skid indicator actually works. For what it’s worth, in steady straight and level flight there is no centrifugal force acting on the aircraft so that does not apply. So what force acts on the ball in straight and level unaccelerated flight? Answer that question and you have the answer to your original question.

For what it is worth, I don’t understand why people write in one huge run-on sentence. It really does make it hard to understand. Is that a thing with the latest generation? I wasn’t trying to be anything other than helpful. If what I said ran him off, well, I am sorry, but unless we are going through some sort of paradigm shift with the younger generation, they are going to have to learn to live in the real world with the rest of us.

Also, FWIW, all Ed and I were trying to do is have him think about his question and reason out the answer for himself. If he got offended, I apologize but it wasn’t my intent.

For what it is worth, I don’t understand why people write in one huge run-on sentence. It really does make it hard to understand. Is that a thing with the latest generation? I wasn’t trying to be anything other than helpful. If what I said ran him off, well, I am sorry, but unless we are going through some sort of paradigm shift with the younger generation, they are going to have to learn to live in the real world with the rest of us.

Also, FWIW, all Ed and I were trying to do is have him think about his question and reason out the answer for himself. If he got offended, I apologize but it wasn’t my intent.

Hate to tell ya Greg, but their real world has always had Google, and it corrects spelling errors, guesses at bad grammar, usually gets it right, and spits out answers, no thought required.

Lately, they just ask Alexa in any room of the house, and don’t even have to type the question (poorly) into the Google box.

They communicate in partial words and phrases without sentence structure or punctuation, all day long, with lots of acronyms, in text messages.

:) :) :)

We could start a thread where all us old guys put together an aviation FAQ in text-speak, so Google could index it and answer all the questions before they even sign up for a username...

Anyone have a teenager who knows Aviation lingo and can speak “text” we can hire as a proofreader?

Tecnnology. Ain’t it grand.

For what it is worth, I don’t understand why people write in one huge run-on sentence. It really does make it hard to understand. Is that a thing with the latest generation?

I have not noticed that it’s age-related.

Punctuation and grammar need not be perfect to get one’s ideas across, but it certainly helps. Run-on sentences without paragraphs...or maybe with excess ellipses.....of random lengths..seem like some sort of cognitive issue....or maybe it’s just laziness...I don’t know...I’ve ignored a couple folks on other sites that just took too much effort to decipher.

My mom would have told me that that was the sort of thing up with which she would not put!

51fhD1Xn25L._SX342_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Not your fault, Greg, don’t sweat it. It’s hard to read other people’s mind and give them a solid answer when their approach to the question is unclear.

Wow. It’s really hard to parse what you are asking without good punctuation and capitalization.

To address Ed’s point, think about how the ball in a slip/skid indicator actually works. For what it’s worth, in steady straight and level flight there is no centrifugal force acting on the aircraft so that does not apply. So what force acts on the ball in straight and level unaccelerated flight? Answer that question and you have the answer to your original question.
English may not be his primary language. English is my primary language and I screw it up ALL the Time!!!!! :)

English is not an excuse for deleting the post. Fortunately, someone quoted it.
I was responding to Greg's post in which he was talking about good punctuation and capitalization. It had nothing to do with deleting a post.

Here let me try: ( punctuation added by me)

"Ex; right engine dead, so too much left rudder, ball is to the right side, 5 bank to left. I would think, f you, had inboard engines that you wouldn’t have a problem with fuel because it should be coming towards the inboard engine from centrifugal force or am I mistaken ?"

Ah, no such thing as centrifugal force.

Back