2 way bluetooth dongle

JonH

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
JonH
I see there are a lot of bluetooth options for audio. Does anyone know of an adapter that does both audio and microphone with wired output?

This would be strictly ICS, no PTT for the radio is needed, for one crewmember wearing a bluetooth headset.

I'm not entirely sure what you are trying to accomplish, but my guess is that you have 1 aviation headset with Bluetooth that's plugged into something (radio?) and 1 aviation headset without Bluetooth that's plugged into nothing and you want the two headsets too be able to talk to each other?

If so, you want a Bluetooth dongle that supports HFP or HSP profile and has a TRRS jack or plug such as this one:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000N8P4R8

The only caveats are:
  • Aviation headsets use a different impedance than consumer audio so unless your non-Bluetooth headset supports wired cellphone audio it might not sound that great
  • There are 2 different cellphone pinouts for TRRS so you might need an adapter
  • This particular unit in the URL link is 2.5mm so you will need another adapter if your headset is 3.5mm

Is there a Bluetooth option for two non-Bluetooth headsets to be able to listen to music (etc) while being plugged into an older Sugtronics two place intercom? I keep meaning to look into this and forgetting to do it. This thread reminded me. Figured someone might have better info than Google will get me.

I was a bit vague in my request. Here's the long version.

Crew member in jumpseat wants to wear Apple Airpods to be used in lieu of an aviation headset. So the airpods would need to pair with something that can plug into the ICS panel. This is easily accomplished with just audio, but he needs microphone as well. It does not need a PTT button. It doesn't need impedance matching, or a specific size jack, we can make adapters.

Is there a Bluetooth option for two non-Bluetooth headsets to be able to listen to music (etc) while being plugged into an older Sugtronics two place intercom? I keep meaning to look into this and forgetting to do it. This thread reminded me. Figured someone might have better info than Google will get me.
If the ICS can take an auxiliary audio input then plug in your music there. Otherwise the headsets will need wired auxiliary input.

I was a bit vague in my request. Here's the long version.

Crew member in jumpseat wants to wear Apple Airpods to be used in lieu of an aviation headset. So the airpods would need to pair with something that can plug into the ICS panel. This is easily accomplished with just audio, but he needs microphone as well. It does not need a PTT button. It doesn't need impedance matching, or a specific size jack, we can make adapters.

If you are willing to Frankenstein your own adapters and impedance matching, this might be a good starting point if you can find one.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008FB9SWW

https://www.pryme.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2495

BluLink makes various Bluetooth adapters for headsets that don’t have them.

Back