Dr. Michael Tigges

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Dr. Mike
Good morning,

New to the site, Specialize in Occupational medicine and testing and have seen a increase in the number of pilots needing wanting a BasicMed but having difficulty finding Docs to provide the service here in Tennessee.
If I can be of assistance feel free to drop me a note or call the office.
Dr. Mike
Same Day DOT Physicals Drug & Alcohol Testing

Where in Tennessee are you located?

Welcome and stick around Dr. Mike. I'm sure our other AME on this forum is getting tired of repeating himself and needs a break.

Welcome we can always use another Doc on the forum.

Do I have to disclose heavy Neti pot usage on my medical form?
I do have allergies but sometimes I also use the Neti pot recreationally as well.

Do I have to disclose heavy Neti pot usage on my medical form?
I do have allergies but sometimes I also use the Neti pot recreationally as well.

The United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) warns that if they are not used correctly, the user runs a risk of developing serious infections, even potentially fatal ones.

The FDA says that neti pots do not pose a problem on their own. However, they also maintain that the way neti pots are being used poses a health risk.
The FDA, however, warns that the incorrect use of neti pots and other devices for rinsing out the sinuses, including squeeze bottles, battery-operated pulsed water devices, and bulb syringes, have been linked to a higher risk of infection.

The FDA says it is informing doctors, other healthcare professionals, device makers, and users about safe practices when using these devices.

As a general rule, a neti pot should not be used for more than 1 to 3 weeks at a time. The individual should visit a doctor if congestion continues, so if actively using then always best to discuss further with the examiner.

The United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) warns that if they are not used correctly, the user runs a risk of developing serious infections, even potentially fatal ones.

The FDA says that neti pots do not pose a problem on their own. However, they also maintain that the way neti pots are being used poses a health risk.
The FDA, however, warns that the incorrect use of neti pots and other devices for rinsing out the sinuses, including squeeze bottles, battery-operated pulsed water devices, and bulb syringes, have been linked to a higher risk of infection.

The FDA says it is informing doctors, other healthcare professionals, device makers, and users about safe practices when using these devices.

As a general rule, a neti pot should not be used for more than 1 to 3 weeks at a time. The individual should visit a doctor if congestion continues, so if actively using then always best to discuss further with the examiner.

He found he gets the answer he wants if he puts Neti in front of pot doc. Welcome to POA and thanks for posting. Come on guys, this guy is willing to help, funny is funny, but let's not waste his time.

Welcome, Doc, but you really need to ask the mods to move this to the classifieds section where it belongs.

Good morning,

New to the site, Specialize in Occupational medicine and testing and have seen a increase in the number of pilots needing wanting a BasicMed but having difficulty finding Docs to provide the service here in Tennessee.
If I can be of assistance feel free to drop me a note or call the office.
Dr. Mike
Same Day DOT Physicals Drug & Alcohol Testing
WELCOME!!!

After a while, you'll catch on to the strange humor around here.

And by saying “strange”, you are being kind.
Wacko. Inane. Off the wall. Out of this world. Sardonic. Sarcastic. Cynical. Contemptuous. Derisive. Sneering. Jeering. Scoffing. Ironic. Eccentric. Psycho. Wingnut. Couple fries short of a Happy Meal.

Add any other adjectives you'd like.

Wacko. Inane. Off the wall. Out of this world. Sardonic. Sarcastic. Cynical. Contemptuous. Derisive. Sneering. Jeering. Scoffing. Ironic. Eccentric. Psycho. Wingnut. Couple fries short of a Happy Meal.

Looney. You forgot looney.

I resemble all that crap! :mad::D

Put vodka in it to sterilize

What would happen if you used it with the vodka still in it? Dilute enough where it would not burn. Use flavored vodkas for variety. Start a neti bar. Or maybe not?

“Sir, how much did you have to drink tonight?”
“Didn’t have a single drink officer”.

What would happen if you used it with the vodka still in it? Dilute enough where it would not burn. Use flavored vodkas for variety. Start a neti bar. Or maybe not?

“Sir, how much did you have to drink tonight?”
“Didn’t have a single drink officer”.

Nope, correct answer to that is "Am I free to leave officer?"

I think y'all scared off the Doc.
I assume he's only human, not a pilot. Hence his state of enbafflement (I call TM on this one!) from our kind of humor. :D

Welcome, Doc, sorry if our bunch is not as sane as you might have expected. ;)

In short, "Pilot Humor."

Back