Please help me find the right answer.

My otherwise very sweet daughter-in-law called my son repeatedly when I was visiting, while he and I were out and about, getting some rare quality time together - just inane, trivial junk, nothing that needed attention. . .he finally asked her to knock it off, to respect our limited time together. Took her aback, but I think it was both generational and the character of her family's habits.

I was in a meeting at work today. A meeting with important, highly placed people.

So SWMBO instinctively knew to begin a barrage of texts.

The phone beeps: "I'm at the grocery store."

2 minutes later:

"Do you need X?" I answered "Y"

2 minutes later:

"Do you need Y?" I answered "Y"

Somewhere in there she attempted to facetime me.

To stop my phone from buzzing every two minutes I texted her "Busy, please stop."

Apparently, that wasn't the right answer.

Does anyone know the right answer?

You needhelp to figure this one out? Really? Grow a pair or he/she will own for the rest of your existence.

Millenial?

You needhelp to figure this one out? Really? Grow a pair or he/she will own for the rest of your existence.

Millenial?

Here's the deal. We've all been there in one way or another. This was intended to be a light hearted topic for a message board.

So, instead of clever banter (aka ball busting), you chose to respond like that?

C'mon man.

I'm with a few of the others on here. Why are you responding to text messages during a meeting? Talk about a good way to **** off the other people in the meeting. Ignore your personal cell phone or leave it in your office when you have a meeting.

Does anyone know the right answer?

The right answer is to not respond until the meeting is over.

Here's the deal. We've all been there in one way or another. This was intended to be a light hearted topic for a message board.

So, instead of clever banter (aka ball busting), you chose to respond like that?

C'mon man.

You are right! My apologies.

Maybe a Light Banter disclaimer, like NA only LB.

C'mon man.
Sounds cool, but if you were sending and receiving personal text in a business meeting my response doesn't change one bit!!! :cool:

C'mon man.

Actually, though I never take my phone into an important meeting.

Last edited:
I have been in meetings before when someones phone rings. About that time someone declares this is a good time for a break.

Off subject sorta....

I was in a meeting. The company I worked for was acquired by another company. This was the first meeting between the pilots and the new company. We all show up at the scheduled time. We wait. And wait for two hours for this guy to show up. He finally did, and we all got seated. First thing this guy says is, "I really don't have anything to say."

Unclasp hands. Push chair back. Get up. Smile at the guy and open mouth like I am about to say something. Close mouth. Walk out. We never did get along very well after that, not until I handed in this is my immediate resignation letter a week later.

Back