Upgrading medical from 3rd to 2nd with one eye 20/40

flyer770

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Flyer770
Got a question on upgrading a medical from a third class to second. I wear corrective lenses and have for years, with the prescription recently refreshed before I renewed my medical this week. Since I’m looking to possibly get my commercial license I inquired about any potential catches before making the move. The rub comes in that even with new glasses, the right eye is still 20/40 while the left is 20/20. Any possibility of getting a second? Thanks everyone.

Got a question on upgrading a medical from a third class to second. I wear corrective lenses and have for years, with the prescription recently refreshed before I renewed my medical this week. Since I’m looking to possibly get my commercial license I inquired about any potential catches before making the move. The rub comes in that even with new glasses, the right eye is still 20/40 while the left is 20/20. Any possibility of getting a second? Thanks everyone.
”second limited to flight test only”, after nml visual fields, then a waiver ride.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back