Do you have this gene?

Put on a black shirt and a white collar.
You get the extremes, on steroids.
People will jump out windows to avoid you, or smash through doors to talk to you.
This is NOT hyperbole. Two actual examples from my life as a pastor.

By the way Shep, I feel for y’all who have that particular calling. Haha. It’d be very satisfying at times and very frustrating when dealing with the bottom portion of the bell curve. :)

Sorry, Nate, but...

Yeah, really.

If you willingly subject yourself to reading my BS here, it’s completely a problem in your end. Not kidding.

I have no delusions that ANYTHING posted here is important or useful. It’s the freakin Internet and you have control of your mouse.

I don’t really have control (nor want it for that matter) of some dumbass talking to the back of my head about toilet paper roller design while I’m taking a whizz.

On the Internet, you can find all the toilet paper design discussions you care to click on.

Well, you certainly picked the right profession!
Don't confuse people talking to me unsolicited vs me getting people to talk to me...that's two different things. And I'm proud to say I'm good at what I do (dare I say, the best at what I do, or at least one of the best).
I got you to talk to me, lol.

Two actual examples from my life as a pastor.

That you are a pastor I find interesting!

I was once counseled to use the term "fantastic" in response to folks saying dumb things. Now I rarely follow that counselling (surprise!) but if my response to you is ever "fantastic" know that you have been told to stop saying dumb stuff.

Channeling my best Spock voice and emotionless face I respond with "fascinating"

That's one thing that bugs me about my co-workers. I do not know how to politely tell them "stop saying dumb sh*t, it will make me not want to work with you if you show me how incompetent and narrow-minded you are". Somebody help me figure out a PC phrase, please.
My problem is not co-workers any more, it’s relatives, since I relocated nearer to where most of them live. Sometimes I argue my point, other times I just say “uh huh” and change the subject.

Back