Electronics International CGR-30COMBO rebate!

Dave Arata

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Dave
If you've been considering an engine monitor, have a look at the rebate we're offering on the CGR-30COMBO. Replace all of your engine and fuel instruments, a full engine monitor with data logging capability, fuel totalizer and more!

Attachments

• Combo Rebate.pdf
    944.4 KB · Views: 56
What's the average install time to replace a JPI on a 6 cylinder or all functions including GPS?

What's the average install time to replace a JPI on a 6 cylinder or all functions including GPS?
We've heard from installers to expect anywhere from 25-35 hours on a "standard" CGR-30P. Adding the 30C and it's additional functions will add additional labor. There are many variables such as aircraft complexity and the installer's familiarity with the equipment that will affect labor costs. Below is a very general rule of thumb to assist in estimating labor:

45 mins per temperature channel
1-2 hours per pressure channel
2-4 hours per fuel flow
GPS connectivity is a simple 2 wire (RS232) connection from the CGR-30P to your GPS.

It's a very easy install...even for those of us technologically challenged :D I highly recommend the CGR-30P and can't wait to be able to add the -30C in my stack!

Oh...PS...Dave is a great guy to work with as well ;)

Had an MVP 50 done in April, and it was about 40 hours to install on a 6 cylinder with 4 fuel tanks.

We've heard from installers to expect anywhere from 25-35 hours on a "standard" CGR-30P. Adding the 30C and it's additional functions will add additional labor. There are many variables such as aircraft complexity and the installer's familiarity with the equipment that will affect labor costs. Below is a very general rule of thumb to assist in estimating labor:

45 mins per temperature channel
1-2 hours per pressure channel
2-4 hours per fuel flow
GPS connectivity is a simple 2 wire (RS232) connection from the CGR-30P to your GPS.

Holy crap if I worked that slow in telecom wiring, I’d have been fired on the spot. 45 minutes per channel? Good lord.

Holy crap if I worked that slow in telecom wiring, I’d have been fired on the spot. 45 minutes per channel? Good lord.

There is a difference between rough estimates and actual...

I'm finishing an EDM-900 for a family friend in Debonair that already had the EGT/CHTs and Fuel Flow sensors installed and I bet I already have 30 hours into it and still need to take apart the 430w to pin the RS232, perform the configuration, fuel quantity calibration and paperwork.

It took about 4 hours just to get the damn wires off the factory fuel gauges and enough slack to splice them onto the EDM harness. Talk about a freaking *****. I never have really liked Beech and I still don't.

I'm an EI fan really. Both brands have some pluses & minuses. Both have some parts that scream cheap. I think I'll stick with EI Dad's next install.

Last edited:
I'm not doing an EI in my plane but a JPI. I'm still on the part of extracting the old wires for the previous very old Insight. Between apparently holding the plane together with wire ties, the total number of wires and the fact that it's a Mooney I now understand why these damn installs take so long.

On the other hand when I got tired of that I installed the new AeroLEDs taxi and landing lights, they're very nice.

Just a little curious. I have a ubg16 and fp5L already installed. I'm getting the usual egt/cht on my Lyc o360 with data recorder, and the fuel flow tied into my 430W with optional RPM on the fp5L. Are those connections just reconnected to the CGR-30 saving a lot on labor? Still need many connections to fuel tanks, oil temp and pressure, volts/amps and whatever else I'm missing, but what would be your time to do this exchange?

Just a little curious. I have a ubg16 and fp5L already installed. I'm getting the usual egt/cht on my Lyc o360 with data recorder, and the fuel flow tied into my 430W with optional RPM on the fp5L. Are those connections just reconnected to the CGR-30 saving a lot on labor? Still need many connections to fuel tanks, oil temp and pressure, volts/amps and whatever else I'm missing, but what would be your time to do this exchange?

The CGR30P uses different connectors so no plug&play or quick way to upgrade.

Actually, we have built adapters from the UBG-16's EGT and CHT harness to the CGR's EDC. The cost to do so is an additional $100.00 for the conversion harness. We can even provide a new set of UBG-16 harnesses and new probes so that the UBG-16 can be sold on the second hand market, recouping some of the CGR's purchase price.

Thanks E.I.. After researching I settled on the CGR-30 for my IO-390 engine install. Working with my installer he said I need the ‘P’ designated CGR-30, this was during the rebate period last Fall. I had to do a quick swap just as the rebate period was ending. Then the installer himself sent the warranty card, where the fine print ‘required’ it to be sent with the rebate form.

I made the requirements of the rebate, mostly, but thought there may be some technicality that could be mentioned to deny the claim. I sent it off and sat back to see. A handful of weeks later the rebate came in the mail, no issues.

Thanks E.I.. After researching I settled on the CGR-30 for my IO-390 engine install. Working with my installer he said I need the ‘P’ designated CGR-30, this was during the rebate period last Fall. I had to do a quick swap just as the rebate period was ending. Then the installer himself sent the warranty card, where the fine print ‘required’ it to be sent with the rebate form.

I made the requirements of the rebate, mostly, but thought there may be some technicality that could be mentioned to deny the claim. I sent it off and sat back to see. A handful of weeks later the rebate came in the mail, no issues.

Thank you for the kind words! We really do try to make the process as smooth and effortless as possible.

Back