Someone's Shooting Approaches in the Soup at KMWC

Justin M

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
JM
I'm visiting my in-laws near KMWC (Timmerman Field; Milwaukee Wisconsin) who live 3-4 miles south west of the departure of 22R / arrival 4L.

While I was digging out a stump; it sounded like someone was shooting approaches in the soup. I could just see the Cessna in and out of the clouds overhead. It sounds from ATC like the tops were 2,600.

KMWC 091507Z 08007KT 10SM OVC008 17/13 A3006

But they were always outbound of 22R when I saw them, not inbound to 4L as I would have expected.

Anyway, I wish I had been flying instead of hacking at the stump.

I'm visiting my in-laws near KMWC (Timmerman Field; Milwaukee Wisconsin) who live 3-4 miles south west of the departure of 22R / arrival 4L.

While I was digging out a stump; it sounded like someone was shooting approaches in the soup. I could just see the Cessna in and out of the clouds overhead. It sounds from ATC like the tops were 2,600.

KMWC 091507Z 08007KT 10SM OVC008 17/13 A3006

But they were always outbound of 22R when I saw them, not inbound to 4L as I would have expected.

Anyway, I wish I had been flying instead of hacking at the stump.
I'm just 30 min west of you... This wx makes me eager to get my IR. Today will be a written study day :).

22R must of had the kind of approach they wanted to practice.

With it being summer, good luck finding mundane IFR to practice in down here in the south. The clouds just bash your head in this time of year.

What again was the point to the op's post? o_O

Back