Bifocal sunglasses with clear reading area

denisd

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Denis
www.skysight.com

I had been using clip-on sunglasses with the bifocal area cut out. I just received my order and am very pleased with them. I spoke with the owner and he made mine as I wanted, with the reading area clear, not as shown in the ad. He is very accommodating. I supplied my frames and would have supplied the lenses also but they were not the correct material, CR39. Anyway, $50 for bifocal lenses and $75 for the tinting.
Denis

That’s a cool idea, and they seem very reasonably priced. I use inexpensive flip up sunglasses as you can see in the avatar. Much the same result, as I can adjust them to be just part way down, at a much cheaper price. But I would agree they’re not nearly as elegant.

OK. I'll say it.
Geezer glasses.
And now, I need to swallow my pride, and order a pair.
Thanks for sharing. I didn't even know something like that existed.

I get my cheaters at the local flee market,in Florida . Was getting tired of always going from sunglasses to reading glasses while flying.

I've had eye docs offer to make me bifocals with a no-prescription reading area (I'm nearsighted, and remove my glasses to eat and read). Should be cheaper than regular bifocals. But it's too easy to move them aside.

Just got new safety glasses at work, and had the old ones turned into sunglasses to wear working in the yard. The eye doc charged $30 + tax.

For inexpensive glasses, check out www.zenni.com I was wary at first because the prices are so low, but am about to order three more pair (everyday wear transitions plus sunglasses to keep in my truck and the wife's car). The last set of three pair cost less than the last single-vision pair from the eye doctor after insurance paid their part (memory says I paid ~$200 for all three). Don't know about their pricing on bifocals, though.

I use progressives and love them. I carry a regular indoor pair as well as a tinted, non-polarized sunglasses version.

Back