d

By the way, am I crazy or did the title of the thread change to just a letter? 'd'

I disagree. The skycatcher has pretty much the same capabilities as a 150. And it has a LOT more space side by side than a 150. But I don't even like taking it more than 45 minutes at a time.
You're right. I thought the useful load of the Skycatcher was a lot less, but I looked it up, and the difference is only about 50 pounds.

No, you're not crazy. It did. And the OP's original post got edited down to nothing.

None of the OP’s questions seem odd for a young, non-pilot to ask. Even his other thread seems a normal question for a layperson to ask.

None of the OP’s questions seem odd for a young, non-pilot to ask. Even his other thread seems a normal question for a layperson to ask.

True enough. I hope my answer to him in his other thread answers his question, too.

There you have it. Both, especially the Navion, are a bit faster than a 150. The Navion can do better crossing the mountains too.
No mountains between me and most east coast destinations and even going west you don't hit anything a 150 can't handle well until you get to Denver.
I learned to fly in the Denver area in a 152.

By the way, am I crazy or did the title of the thread change to just a letter? 'd'

I admit to being confused by your question. Why did you put the “or” in the middle of it? The two clauses are certainly not mutually exclusive.....

:D

No kidding. We have obvious trolls on this site that are treated better than this poor kid was.

You’re right, of course, but it’s sometimes difficult to know when the spies from the FAA are on another fishing expedition.....

You’re right, of course, but it’s sometimes difficult to know when the spies from the FAA are on another fishing expedition.....
In this case, that wouldn't be trolling, it would be entrapment!

When I brought my plane from Michigan to Vermont when I moved here, I had to get a one-way ticket from BTV to DTW. Not even counting the one-hour drive to BTV or the security nonsense, the commercial flight took 6 hours because of a multi-hour layover at ORD. Coming back in the Branded Bird from VLL to MPV took well under 4 hours (due to a fair tailwind, but even with a moderate headwind I can do it in under 4.5).
Vermont strong. Hailing from east Montpelier, I'm a new pilot taking lessons at the Vermont flight school. Any advice?

Vermont strong. Hailing from east Montpelier, I'm a new pilot taking lessons at the Vermont flight school. Any advice?
Hi neighbor! And welcome to PoA! :D

When you say "Vermont flight school", do you mean at KMPV or somewhere else such as KBTV? There is one instructor that I know of based at KMPV (Wayne Chase) but I never heard him call his business by that name (or any other for that matter).

KMPV is where I'm based.

Back