Aviation Weather Decision Support?

RyanB

Super Administrator
Management Council Member
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Ryan
I recently discovered a new tab on aviationweather.gov and I don’t really understand its purpose. Each of the sub-tabs under Decision Support lead to basically the same data that can be found under the AWC home page.

My first thought was that it may be like an AA group for Aviation. I was thinking there may be counselors standing by to review your plan of action and help you make the right choice before proceeding with your flight, but unfortunately it isn’t. It’s kind of a buzzkill...

So what’s the purpose of Decision Support? Has anyone ever found it useful?
974BDB1B-8E14-4A7F-9B4A-5D412A9716F8.jpeg

I recently discovered a new tab on aviationweather.gov and I don’t really understand its purpose. Each of the sub-tabs under Decision Support lead to basically the same data that can be found under the AWC home page.

My first thought was that it may be like an AA group for Aviation. I was thinking there may be counselors standing by to review your plan of action and help you make the right choice before proceeding with your flight, but unfortunately it isn’t. It’s kind of a buzzkill...

So what’s the purpose of Decision Support? Has anyone ever found it useful?
View attachment 63782

I think that the target audience is the FAA flow control people, not pilots. "Traffic Flow Management Portal" is your first clue.

It is a quick and easy way to call up weather graphics when you are looking for big picture information, not specifics.

Bob

Back