Airplane Rental in the Pittsburgh Area

azpilot

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
azpilot
I'm going to be heading out to visit my brother and his family in Monreville, PA (just East of Pittsburgh) this summer. Can anyone recommend a good place to rent an airplane? I have experience flying 172s, 182s and Archers.

It looks like the 4G0 and AGC might be the two closest airports.

I'm going to be heading out to visit my brother and his family in Monreville, PA (just East of Pittsburgh) this summer. Can anyone recommend a good place to rent an airplane? I have experience flying 172s, 182s and Archers.

It looks like the 4G0 and AGC might be the two closest airports.

I’d guess that AGC is the better bet. You could go east to Ebensburgh, but I doubt they have anything better than Allegheny. I’ve never been to either, but driven by them many times. Ebensburg 9G8 is a sleepy little airport right beside 376/Hwy 22.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4G0 is pretty much abandoned. I think the only thing that flies in or out is me on very rare occasion. It's been up for sale for ages, I heard a rumour that it had been sold and closed, but there's nothing in any NOTAMs that I can find.

You definitely won't find anything to fly there unless you happen to show up when I'm around!

They filmed some of Dawn of the Dead there.

LBE used to have rentals, as an added bonus you get to see A320's on a "narrow" 100ft wide runway. AGC is probably your best bet, though not cheap. Rostraver (FWQ) might be worth a call, not a terrible drive if you take 48.

Take it all with a grain of salt I've been gone for quite some time.

When are you visiting, azpilot? If I'm around we could go up in my 182.

I believe they only rent to their 141 students. Could be wrong. But Pittsburgh is a very dry town for aircraft rentals these days especially for such a large metro area.

Ebensburg may be looking better an better. It's not a bad drive from Monroeville, probably 30 minutes if you don't catch the million stoplights through there, lol.

Looky here what I found thru Google! Amazing.

https://pghflight.com
Ya, I found that too before I posted. I was hoping someone here might have some 'inside' knowledge. At the airport I fly out of, there is a guy that rents out his 172 by word of mouth only. It flies all day long just about every day. He also charges 20% less than the FBO's. PGH is EXPENSIVE!

Ya, I found that too before I posted. I was hoping someone here might have some 'inside' knowledge. At the airport I fly out of, there is a guy that rents out his 172 by word of mouth only. It flies all day long just about every day. He also charges 20% less than the FBO's. PGH is EXPENSIVE!
Bingo! The "look what I found on Google" crowd doesn't help a single thing. If all we needed was Google we don't need POA for actual discussion.

Back