EAA Airventure Ticket questions

FloridaPilot

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
FloridaStudentPilot
I would like to get some advice from some of the experienced EAA visitors out there because this will be my first time:

#1. I want to go for the entire week but on the website it only posts Daily tickets. According to the QA you can't purchase weekly tickets only daily. Is that true or did I misread that?

#2. If you purchase one Daily ticket you can use it for any of the days? IMO The website wasn't very clear as a first timer.

#3. If Weekly passes aren't available for people accessing the site why is the price posted?

Bear with me, this is my first time but I'm going to have a blast.

Thank you!

Weekly passes have always been available. I doubt that will change.

Daily passes are color coded. Monday's pass may be red, and will only be valid for Monday. You don't use it Monday, you just lost your money. Tuesday's pass will be blue. Or green. Or purple. But not red.

Personally, given the small discount, I always buy passes after I arrive. I could see some last minute hiccup changing my plans and causing me to "eat" passes I bought beforehand.

Weekly are sold, just had an email promoting Oshkosh, and weekly and daily discounted tickets were mentioned, but I roll like @kyleb, get 'em there as I'm never sure I'll go.

Where are the weeklys sold. I can't find it anywhere on the website?

Are you an EAA member? I'm pretty sure you can only get the week long pass if you're a member.

Are you an EAA member? I'm pretty sure you can only get the week long pass if you're a member.

The membership ticket discounts pretty much pay for the cost of membership unless you're only going for a day or two. So, sign up to be a member. It'll save you a few bucks and you'll get a nice magazine.

This is correct. The weekly pass can be accessed only on the Member portion of the site.

To the OP, if you are planning to stay the week you really should become an EAA Member. There's all sorts of other perks for that, at OSH and during the year as some others have already posted.

Weekly passes have always been available. I doubt that will change.

Daily passes are color coded. Monday's pass may be red, and will only be valid for Monday. You don't use it Monday, you just lost your money. Tuesday's pass will be blue. Or green. Or purple. But not red.

Personally, given the small discount, I always buy passes after I arrive. I could see some last minute hiccup changing my plans and causing me to "eat" passes I bought beforehand.

For clarification...when purchasing you are just purchasing a daily pass that is not tied to any particular day. When you arrive the ticket will be scanned and be given the wrist band for that day.

As others have said the membership can more than pay for itself if staying for a few days at a minimum plus are you supporting tons of great programs by doing so. If you plan to camp at least one member of your group has to be an EAA member.

Thanks guys,

I was a member last year but I let it expire. I didn't read the magazine much, It would be fun to build but I don't have the time. I will renew my membership. Thanks again for all who posted.

weekly pass.....looked like this. I purchased it at the gate. Like was said, there really is no advantage of advanced purchase. Things change....like the weather.

Attachments

• IMG_1737.jpg
    IMG_1737.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 5
Yes, in fact, it takes longer to redeem your advanced ticket than it takes to just buy them. It's the dumbest system I've seen in a while.

If you buy your passes on line you will receive an email with a "Q" code. You can print it out or have the "Q" code email up on your smart phone screen when you get to the registration building. The friendly check in person will scan the "Q" code and put your wrist band on your wrist, it easier if someone puts the band on your wrist rather than trying to do it yourself. Great service. If you plan to fly in and camp with your aircraft you can have everything completed with one stop at the registration building.

I might add that if you plan to fly in and camp at your aircraft tiedown location you can NOT use the on line pre-purchase camping pass. You MUST pay for your camping when you register your aircraft. You will pay for camping from the day you arrive until the end of Airventure. There is a minimum of three days camping charged, even if you only stay one day. If you leave before Airventure is over you will get a refund for unused days.

The friendly check in person will scan the "Q" code and put your wrist band on your wrist, it easier if someone puts the band on your wrist rather than trying to do it yourself.

An alternative method: Theoretically, the bands aren't removable without destroying them. That's a problem for me, as I hate wearing the arm band (I buy the weekly one) while I sleep or shower. So, I put the wrist band on myself, set to the largest possible size, and can just barely slip the band on and off as needed.

The payment rules are the same for Scholler as for camping by the plane (pay till the end, refunds for any unused days over three). The online sales however is, as stated, for Scholler only.

Back