Any news on skyBeacon? It’s Q3 now...

It's very, very, very early Q3. Sorta like a pre-game show for the pre-game show.

Doesn't Q3 start July 1? ;)

Yes. I meant that the earliest they could likely get certified is 3rd quarter, (I heard a rumor they’re truly hoping for cert by OSH time) when they originally announced February. Seems like a long time, but the cert process is probably inane and insane.

Just got an email last night from Adventure Pilot with a link where I can 'pre-order' the skyBeacon for $1849. All their link says is "Per uAvionix, orders are expected to ship July 2018 and reservations for skyBeacon - TSO (certified) orders will be accepted in advanced of the certification." In their Q&A section it says "A matching starboard LED light assembly will be available as an option at release" which is the first I've heard it would be available at time of release.

I think that update is dated May 16th

Probably a dumb question, but does this thing not have adsb in? And if not, why not? Their product page touts, 'all in one solution', but if it doesn't feed your phone or tablet or garmin gps or whatever map you prefer adsb in information, its not really 'all in one', is it?

Was this just to simplify the certification process? Is 'in' certification a whole nother set of hoops? I see they have an in/out product for experimental.(
echoUAT)
Seems odd that they'd limit this thing to 'out'. I guess it will make your raspberry pi, stratus's, scouts work better by waking up the ground stations. Maybe you guys can explain it to me.

Maybe they're saving that functionality for the 2.0 version.

Out only, for now, at least. They’re talking about makin* an “in” version for the opposite wing, so you can run a pair of them for a total solution. Overall, too expensive.

Any word on the "tailbeacon"? I couldn't find much info on that one.

What about the Echo UAT? will it ever be certified?

Back