530 sim?

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
Is there a 530 app to practice with? Need to learn the buttonology.

Thanks Mike.
I vote you for one of the Most Sincerely Helpful on POA, btw.
Dave

A friend of mine builds legit 530 simulators that use an arduino and open source code to plug into X Plane and do very realistic work. If you are interested PM me and I can put you in touch with him. They've been a big hit at our local flying club

^x plane works with Max, Linux, Windows, etc. Being able to "fly" the plane virtually with a physical 530 on your desk is a big help. He also builds 430, and G1000 as well.

Thanks.
Anyone have a home-made cheat sheet with very abbreviated instructions to get me started? Ie a recipe style, how to load and fly a flight plan or rnav approach?
Ignore the nav/com/set-up portions.

First, first, the GNS Series don't know nothin' about airways. So, if you have a full-route clearance with airways, you're entering all of the waypoints. Fun!

To enter a flight plan, press the "FPL" button, and turn the big knob to highlight the first entry; turn small knob to change characters, large knob to move to next character, and "Enter" when that waypoint is in.
Continue, waypoint by waypoint.

If you are flying to a place with a STAR, enter the destination first, then press "PROC," and it will offer you the option of selecting an Arrival; select and enter the arrival, then select the transition.

Thanks.
Anyone have a home-made cheat sheet with very abbreviated instructions to get me started? Ie a recipe style, how to load and fly a flight plan or rnav approach?
Ignore the nav/com/set-up portions.
http://avionicswest.com/ Has some of the best books for the Garmin units.

F'Ron told me about him when I got into a Skylane with the GNS480 box. That manual was one of the easiest to understand and fit my need perfectly.

If anyone is interested link is above. Cheers

First, first, the GNS Series don't know nothin' about airways. So, if you have a full-route clearance with airways, you're entering all of the waypoints. Fun!

ah. ahg. I'm going to spring for the updated software which....doesn't do that!

change characters, large knob to move to next character, and "Enter" when that waypoint is in. Continue, waypoint by waypoint.

Got it covered. I'm installing the Voice Recognition Module; "Garmy, insert flight plan kabc-aaa-bbb-ccc-kxyz"

The 430 requires XP. The 430W simulator does not. I run it on Windows 7 and 10. Presume it may be the same for the 530W since the download for both is from the same menu.

Last edited:
Back