American Champion Seat Modification

frgo0629

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
frgo0629
Anyone have any experience or insight on the seat modification American Champion sells? They state the seat ends up lower and extends further back, roughly 2 inches. Does it create that much more room?

Are you talking about the adjustable seat? (Did a quick review of their website, and don't see that listed or any other seat mod under replacement parts. Link?)

If you are talking about the adjustable seat, we have that on our 7ECA, and I would say it has between 2-3" of fore/aft travel. I'm 6-3 and it works for me, although it's not the easiest thing to move. Hope that helps.

Jim

Thanks. Yes the adjustable seat is what I was referring too.

[QUOTE="Jim Rosenow, post: 2531802, member: 23315"

If you are talking about the adjustable seat, we have that on our 7ECA, and I would say it has between 2-3" of fore/aft travel. I'm 6-3 and it works for me, although it's not the easiest thing to move. [/QUOTE]

There are a bunch of bolts and nuts in the seat's legs. It moves back and forth on those legs, pivoting on the bolts, and if the nuts have been tightened too much, the seat gets hard to move. Not hard to fix that at all. There's also a big spring under the seat to let it move forward more easily, and it can get left out if the seat's been taken apart for access to other stuff.

Thanks for the info, Dan. Will take a look!

Jim

upload_2018-6-9_20-55-58.jpegNot sure how to describe this but if I move the V shaped bars underneath the seat to the right(forward) by twisting the nut on the front of the seat, this should make the seat move backwards as the other bolts should pivot like you mentioned?

Back