Calling all pedophiles

Ken Ibold

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ken Ibold
Passed this billboard this morning in a smallish town in a tourist area. Only one possible school. What are these people thinking?

I joke about the pedophile part ... a little ... but what kind of expectations are mom and dad creating?

Attachments

• 20180531_163432.jpg
    20180531_163432.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 271
Seems pretty harmless to me, also silly and embarrassing for the kid but parents do these kinds of things I guess.

Co worker attended a graduation ceremony for Pre-K. Cap and gown and all.

This reminds me of the weird thing people do in Houston. They put these signs in their front yards with their kid’s names and whatever extracurricular activity their kids do in school. It’s some sort of fundraiser selling the signs I guess.

But it seemed very much to me like some sort of strange pedophile “menu”, just drive down any suburban street... “Jackie - Cheerleader” sounds good... and then they stalk that house...

Never seen that weirdness anywhere else. Do people do that in other places? Not sure putting signs in the front yard with the kid’s names is all that great an idea.

Probably means I do too much IT security work... “Sensitive data - CentOS Linux!” on the front lawn... no.

Jail-n?.....what kinda name is that? Is that Swahili? o_O

What kind of a future does the parent(s) expect for the child when they include jail in the name.?

Or maybe that was where the child was conceived....during a conjugal visit....

I was in public school with a guy named Two. He had an older sister named One, and younger siblings named Three, Four, Five, Six and Seven. At least they had normal middle names that they all went by. I always wondered what would they have named a set of twins.....

What kind of a future does the parent(s) expect for the child when they include jail in the name.?

I was in public school with a guy named Two. He had an older sister named One, and younger siblings named Three, Four, Five, Six and Seven. At least they had normal middle names that they all went by. I always wondered what would they have named a set of twins.....
Thing One and Thing Two?

This reminds me of the weird thing people do in Houston. They put these signs in their front yards with their kid’s names and whatever extracurricular activity their kids do in school. It’s some sort of fundraiser selling the signs I guess.

I saw something similar in Texas in the mid to late 8os for the football players..... Roy #129 lives here. That was usually done by the cheerleaders though.

In the new testament, there are men named Tertius (essentially Four or Fourth in latin) and his brother Secondus (Two or Second ). Oh, and the oldest, Primus (One or First).

Last edited:
I always thought Frank Zappa took the all time creative prize for naming his kid "Moon Unit".

How about George Foreman and all his kids named George, maybe even the daughter.

In the new testament, there are men named Tertius (essentially Four or Fourth in latin) and his brother Secondus (Two or Second ). Oh, and the oldest, Primus (One or First).

Primus is a good band when you’re in the mood. :)

I saw something similar in Texas in the mid to late 8os for the football players..... Roy #129 lives here. That was usually done by the cheerleaders though.

Cheerleaders. That explains a lot. LOL.

If you are coveting Jaylin, you may be headed for jailin'

My sister-in-law actually had a ****head (pronounced Shih-THAYD) in her class one year.

Unless the twins came out side by side :yikes:, probably still go with consecutive numbers.

Momma and Daddy must have deep pockets to afford something like that—for a 7th grader nonetheless. Billboard advertisements aren’t cheap!

But it seemed very much to me like some sort of strange pedophile “menu”, just drive down any suburban street... “Jackie - Cheerleader” sounds good... and then they stalk that house...

Never seen that weirdness anywhere else. Do people do that in other places? Not sure putting signs in the front yard with the kid’s names is all that great an idea.

Probably means I do too much IT security work... “Sensitive data - CentOS Linux!” on the front lawn... no.

I can't say I've seen that anywhere else. We sure wouldn't have done that when our kids were growing up, and I sure can't see them doing that to their kids.

Thing One and Thing Two?

that's what I call my twins....:D

We gave the twins (daughter's boys) shirts a few years ago that said "Thing One" and "Thing Two" on them. They're 4 now and have outgrown them. Sounds like it's time to get them another pair of shirts. :D

I can hear my Dad saying "Fools names and fools faces always appear in public places"

I don’t know Latin, but I’d still be willing to bet that tertius means 3 not 4.

I don’t know Latin, but I’d still be willing to bet that tertius means 3 not 4.
You’re right. You pass your Latin quiz. I forgot Quartus.

Seems pretty harmless to me, also silly and embarrassing for the kid but parents do these kinds of things I guess.
This. I wouldn't have forgiven my parents if they had put my name on a billboard...

Obviously just proud parents. I’m afraid it speaks poorly of the mindsets of some that directs this to thoughts of pedophilia.
Flame me.

Obviously just proud parents. I’m afraid it speaks poorly of the mindsets of some that directs this to thoughts of pedophilia.
Flame me.
I also didn't quite get the connection between the billboard and pedophilia. It's not as if the photos are sexualizing the kids... like some beauty pageant photos. [cough]

Back