Got a new toy

ScottM

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
iBazinga!
The SO and I exchanged our gifts yesterday (23rd first day of Festivus ;) )

I got a cool new electric bass. A Fender Precision bass in blue. She got a Gibson Les Paul Standard arch-top 6-string in black. We be jamming!!

How about y'all? Any cool stuff?

No cool stuff here. Just another $22,000 to a great liberal eastern university. Saving up for two engine remans (that'll be near 100K). But great to have everybody home :) :)

I get the same gifts every year now.

1) I don't have to have a real job.
2) My flying budget undergoes no scrutiny. In fact, I have no budget.

What more does a guy need???

I got a cool new electric bass. A Fender Precision bass in blue. She got a Gibson Les Paul Standard arch-top 6-string in black. We be jamming!!

What happened to the banjo? :dunno:

I get my gift "on or about February 15th";). Better half gets a Telex 25XT headset. I got socks and skivvies.

Merry Christmas, all!

Bought my little brother a guitar for Christmas (I should say, my dad did, I wasn't happy with his selection). I have a feeling my ears are going to be hurting a lot tomorrow, luckily I have a plug and splitter, so I can hook his guitar into the computer too, and output the negative of the sound real time. Noise canceling!

Anyway, my mom already told me she got me a bunch of parts for my RC helicopter, which, incidentally, the receiver caught on fire yesterday so I can't use the heli till I get a replacement. My aunt/uncle got me One Six Right, and my cousin got me a Riddle t-shirt.

darn - forgot to ask for one-six right this year, but I did get a Miter saw! Unfortunately now I'm expected to actually use it to do improvements to the house, Otherwise known as things that cut into my flying budget.

A couple of t-shirts (Mythbusters and Thinkgeek related), a MINI logo'd pen and polo shirt, and for myself I got an O'Reilly C# book and trying to give myself the responsibility to sit down and code like I'm supposed to ;)

Other than that I'm just saving for various big item purchases that are bound to occur in 2008.

A couple of t-shirts (Mythbusters and Thinkgeek related), a MINI logo'd pen and polo shirt, and for myself I got an O'Reilly C# book and trying to give myself the responsibility to sit down and code like I'm supposed to ;)

Other than that I'm just saving for various big item purchases that are bound to occur in 2008.
Youi're learning code from Bill O'Reilly? :)

my cousin made me a checkerboard. this cousin, 8 yrs old or so, consistently kicks most of my families butt at checkers. its really embarrassing getting beaten by a little kid, so most of the family wont play with him anymore. anyway he used a woodburning tool and a piece of plywood to make the board, then cut a wood dowel into checkers and painted red and black. on the back of the board he inscribed "I think you need to practice" Priceless.

Leslie doesn't know it yet, but she's getting a Zulu headset. (I don't think there's any chance she'll see this before she opens it.)

Not a toy, but I got a wonderful package of delicious baked goods from a cute little elf over in New Orleans.... :p

Not to mention the use of my flying toy for the next month and a half! :goofy:

P-Bass? Nice. I have a cheapo P-Bass and it sounds and plays great. I'm sure even a halfway decent one would be bad ass.

I didn't know you did the music thing (beyond the Banjo of course). That's awesome, Scott.

For me: I am about to go to the parents' house to see what I got from them. So far, from the SO, I got some golf balls and tees, from a friend at work I got some shot glasses, and I got some hard needed cash from a family member. Oh, my sister got me a skateboard (?), which is actually kind of fun, because I'm trying to remember being young, and how the hell I used to even do ollies.

A week ago, a transmission rebuild after my Chevy S-10 lost Reverse and 4th gear.
$1972.45. Who said, "Flying is expensive!"?
Today? Another nice piece for my Marine Room, hand-done by Her Majesty(former wife). I haven't sailed for years but great memories of our trips linger.

On the back of the lighthouse is penned KenEVal Tower, in reference to my small lawn-in-the-trees which has small fir trees I transplanted from the Topsham house, and discreetly named KenEVal Park after my late father Kenneth, late mother Evelyn, and Her Majesty Valerie.

Discreetly? The Park name isn't promoted to other guests of the fairer sex.
(I was born at night, but the lights weren't out, y'heah?)
Merry Christmas to y'all.

HR

Attachments

• KenEVal Tower.jpg
    KenEVal Tower.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 15
my cousin made me a checkerboard. this cousin, 8 yrs old or so, consistently kicks most of my families butt at checkers. its really embarrassing getting beaten by a little kid, so most of the family wont play with him anymore. anyway he used a woodburning tool and a piece of plywood to make the board, then cut a wood dowel into checkers and painted red and black. on the back of the board he inscribed "I think you need to practice" Priceless.

Indeed it is! You got the best gift! Sounds like he is a gem! Has he ever gone flying with you?

I got myself a new toy for christmas:

n555546564_533010_5126.jpg

A 1/2 hour acro-intro flight in a T-6 Texan and a flyable model kit of same.

My wife loves me. :)

Last edited:
My wife gave me a lithograph of George Washington: "The Prayer at Valley Forge". It will be an awesome addition to my home office.

I was gettin' set to be disappointed... All I'd really asked for was some new jeans, a new wallet, and a copy of the first season of Ice Road Truckers on DVD. I got none of the above - Just some gloves, a CD, and some funky-lookin' shirt that my parents brought home from Guatemala.

Then I got a clue - literally - my family seems to like doing "riddles" where you get the first clue in your stocking (or on the tree since we didn't do stockings this year) and when you solve it you find the next clue. Well, after 8 clues I found my big toy: A Canon HV20 high-def digital video camera so that I can bring you all some more flying videos. :yes:

Funny thing is, I'd only put it on my list as a joke, along with the Lightspeed Zulu. Yeah, I wanted one, but I figured I'd be buying it for myself in another month or two. I don't normally get gifts like that, but I guess since I haven't really had a birthday celebration in a couple of years they decided to pay me off all at once. :D

Indeed it is! You got the best gift! Sounds like he is a gem! Has he ever gone flying with you?

i think i've flown with him once. He has flown quite a bit with his dad, my uncle, in his Cherokee 140, the airplane i took my first ride in. He is pretty interested in airplanes, everytime i go to the farm he has built a few more models out of whatever scrap pieces he can find.

I got a BRAND NEW ECLIPSE!!!!!!!!

Oh my gosh, I was so excited. It was on my list, but I never in a million years thought I'd actually get one. It's really pretty, but it took pretty long to fill the tank before I could see how it worked. Tomorrow I hope to put some actual living bodies in it.

One betta, some tatooed mollies, a catfish or two.

Oh, you thought I meant THAT Eclipse!!! No, it's an Eclipse Hex 5 hexagonal 5 gallon fresh water aquarium for my credenza.

But I did get my motorcycle. :)

I got a BRAND NEW ECLIPSE!!!!!!!!

Oh my gosh, I was so excited. It was on my list, but I never in a million years thought I'd actually get one. It's really pretty, but it took pretty long to fill the tank before I could see how it worked. Tomorrow I hope to put some actual living bodies in it.

Oh, you thought I meant THAT Eclipse!!! No, it's an Eclipse Hex 5 hexagonal 5 gallon fresh water aquarium for my credenza.

But I did get my motorcycle. :)
Proof you can't be a pilot and still have grown up. :D

I

Well Ken Fresh water is nice, But i have a 89 Gallion Saltwater tank in the living room.
I really like my Lion Fish.
Dave G:blueplane:

Well Ken Fresh water is nice, But i have a 89 Gallion Saltwater tank in the living room.
I really like my Lion Fish.
Dave G:blueplane:
I would like to go saltwater, but my wife contends it's too much work. There was a restaurant going out of business that was trying to sell a tank that contained a lemon shark. I wanted that big time.

But the thing in my office is just a little diversion, not a serious aquarium.

I received a gift I hope to never use! :yes: :D :D

An ACR PLB (with GPS). Sho'nuff it was on my list and I am happy to have it.

-Skip

I got nuttin' for Christmas.
Mommy and Daddy were mad.
I got nuttin' for Christmas.
'Cause i've been nuttin but bad.
I drove out Dec. 25 to see what would be open for dinner. Burger King. Not bad, but I got the fatal tummy whim-whams. I had driven too far, too. Pancho felt sympathtic.

Hehe my x-mas motorcycle "gift" was being able to finally get it put away. For the last month it was sitting under it's cover and about 6-8" of snow. On the 22nd I finally got the ol bike to my buddy's garage.

Pete

The christmas booty.....A smaller more efficient flight bag (the big bag and double headset storage was like dragging a storage trunk around), wx and IFR related books along with Nicholas Evans new book, comm 1 IFR, cologne, cash and best of all time with the Bride.

Mary did ok too, a new lap top (I get her old one), mikimoto tahitian black perl pendant (ask your wife she will understand) lotions, powders and perfume. All kinds of goodies from her folks for each of us and pet gifts for the 4 cats and 1 dog.

And one of the best gifts was the "No Sale" of our 3 person club plane!

Back