California VA 141 schools

luv2pilot

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
luv2pilot
Hello,

I am having a really hard time finding a 141 school in a 100 mile radius of Palmdale, CA that will accept Post 9/11 GI bill for instrument and commercial training. Would anyone know of a school in the area that would be able to help me out?? Thanks in advance for your help!

I was 141 at Pinnacle Aviation in Carlsbad, Ca. Its a long way from you, but you gotta do what us gotta do.

Why not jump on the professional program just announced for vets?

I was 141 at Pinnacle Aviation in Carlsbad, Ca. Its a long way from you, but you gotta do what us gotta do.

Why not jump on the professional program just announced for vets?

I was reading about that a few days ago. It appears to be advertising the Post 9/11 GI Bill but in some kind of rebrand. Professional flight training for vets has been free for some time.

I was reading about that a few days ago. It appears to be advertising the Post 9/11 GI Bill but in some kind of rebrand. Professional flight training for vets has been free for some time.

Not via the MGIB bill though, right? VA paid 60% for me. I still had to come up with the difference. Now, if you go to ERAU, U of OK or the likes, that is a degree program and VA pays full tilt I believe. But not for the stand alone ratings program, right?

Not via the MGIB bill though, right? VA paid 60% for me. I still had to come up with the difference. Now, if you go to ERAU, U of OK or the likes, that is a degree program and VA pays full tilt I believe. But not for the stand alone ratings program, right?

Correct, for MGIB. The old CH 30 Montgomery GI Bill only paid 60 % at a Part 141 school. Now, the Post 9/11 Ch 33 GI Bill pays 100 % at a 141 school (non college affiliated) up to the yearly max which it just over 13 grand right now. Still says you need a PPL first but from what I’ve heard, they just link the whole commercial program with the PPL included.

Basically the way I read this “new” program, it’s just advertising for professional pilots under the GI Bill. It’s a good deal for sure.

Correct, for MGIB. The old CH 30 Montgomery GI Bill only paid 60 % at a Part 141 school. Now, the Post 9/11 Ch 33 GI Bill pays 100 % at a 141 school (non college affiliated) up to the yearly max which it just over 13 grand right now.

Basically the way I read this “new” program, it’s just advertising for professional pilots under the GI Bill. It’s a good deal for sure.

It will actually pay much more than the yearly max if its a program affiliated with a university. I got over 60k in flight fees paid over a 2 year period

It will actually pay much more than the yearly max if its a program affiliated with a university. I got over 60k in flight fees paid over a 2 year period

Yeah, which is why a lot of enlisted go that way. Get their degree knocked out with their flight training.

Yeah, which is why a lot of enlisted go that way. Get their degree knocked out with their flight training.

Post 9/11 is amazing. I used some top up to finish my degree while still active duty, went for a year towards my masters at one of the most expensive schools in the country, had a change of heart in what I wanted to do, got an aviation related associates and everything through MEI paid for, and still have 7 months of eligibility left over.

Back