Best FBO at KSAF?

deyoung

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Chris
Does anyone have a favorite FBO at Santa Fe? Last time I was there I used the local, non-chain one but it looks like they've since been bought by Signature, and everyone seems to be focused on the jet customers now. Experiences to share? Thanks!

Last I checked you only had two options, the "new" Signature (formerly Landmark, I think?), or Jet Center. Have always used Jet Center out of habit, since they're one of the FBOs at home base.

Also probably because I'm not a fan of Signature or Million Air's treatment of small aircraft at other airports, but I doubt with the lower traffic load at KSAF they're quite that bad.

Haven't heard any complaints about either one. KSAF is a nice town to visit.

If you have some specific need (tie-down, hangar space), I'd just call them both and ask pricing. Probably not that far apart.

Well, I take back the "nobody has complained" thing after looking at AOPA's airport page and comments...

"Charged $43 to park a Cessna 172 on the ramp for an hour - Wow! Be advised that Signature has taken over the former Landmark Aviation FBO at KSAF. They have also instituted new fees. I stopped for a burger on Sunday and, because I didn't need any fuel, was charged $35.00 as a "Handling Charge" and an additional $5.00 "Infrastructure Fee." They also tacked on an 8.325% "State Sales Tax." Of interest, NM does not have a state sales tax. There is a state GST, but it is only 5.125%. No doubt, they added in a local tax. In any event, that's an inordinate fee for such a small plane for such a short time. The airport only charges landing fees for Part 135 and 121 users over 12,500 lbs. If you are in the area and hungry for a great burger, served without a "Handling Charge," try nearby KAEG. They have a nice restaurant, open for breakfast and lunch."

Signature being Signature. Not my comment, some guy in February of this year.

Someone else's comment there reminded me that Self-Serve isn't where one might think it is, but the ground controllers will point you right to it, if you need help finding it. It's run by Signature and on their portion of the ramp.

At $0.60 more a gallon for F/S, and both of them having the exact same F/S price, I'd give Jet Center my money. But that's just me. Some operators have "deals" with Signature and/or need the pampering and pretty furniture for passengers to see for five minutes as they walk through to the aircraft.

And I know the OP asked specifically about a KSAF stop, but frankly, I agree with the above guy if you're transient and just needing fuel in that general area of NM... I'll stop at KAEG with its very easy to get into and out of S/S pumps and be on my way. But KSAF is nice as a touristy stop and KAEG really isn't. 45 nm away.

And I know the OP asked specifically about a KSAF stop, but frankly, I agree with the above guy if you're transient and just needing fuel in that general area of NM... I'll stop at KAEG with its very easy to get into and out of S/S pumps and be on my way. But KSAF is nice as a touristy stop and KAEG really isn't. 45 nm away.
Have you checked the price of fuel at AEG?

Even self serve there is more than the full serve at SAF!

For the OP, SAF is probably one of the cheapest and least offensive Signatures in the US. I refuel there regularly and have never had an issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Santa Fe Jet Center is one of the best FBO's you'll find anywhere. Extraordinarily friendly and helpful. Go there and support them.
Jon

Have you checked the price of fuel at AEG?

Even self serve there is more than the full serve at SAF!

For the OP, SAF is probably one of the cheapest and least offensive Signatures in the US. I refuel there regularly and have never had an issue.

Looking online today the price was lower, but who knows.

Is being a “less offensive” Signature kinda like being only a little corrupt? LOL.

I’m as surprised as anyone that they hung a Signature sign at all, in such a nice town, really. :) :) :)

If you happen to work in the “glamorous” side of the biz, you need Signature and Million Air. I get it. One doesn’t subject the bizjet owners to the FBO with three day old coffee and paint that hasn’t been re-done since the 80s.

Last I checked, I can handle it down here on the bottom of the aviation food chain. :)

Self serve? Only the peasants do that, right? LOL.

Looking online today the price was lower, but who knows.
Where are you looking? ForeFlight shows Bode’s price at $5.35 for SS and &5.60 for full. Every time I’ve crossed the country AEG has been more expensive than SAF.

As far as being less offensive, last time I was there, the staff at Signature SAF is still mostly the former Landmark people who were also some of the best in the Landmark network. In time that may change. I’ve noticed Signature has been slowly removing former Landmark people who don’t subscribe to their way of doing things.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Santa Fe Jet Center is one of the best FBO's you'll find anywhere. Extraordinarily friendly and helpful. Go there and support them.
Jon

I'll suggest Jet Center as well.

I haven't been Santa Fe in a few years, but Jet Center was where I always went. Very friendly folks and the building looks like what you would expect a New Mexico FBO to look like.

ForeFlight shows Bode’s price at $5.35 for SS and &5.60 for full. Every time I’ve crossed the country AEG has been more expensive than SAF.
I don't know what online services show, but there's no way for AEG gas to be more expensive than SAF. When I was based at ABQ, AEG was around $5 and SAF was around $7, for several years. Lots of people make fuel stops in 1N1 or E98, when they navigate around White Sands to the north. Even E80 added a self-serve in 2016. All those places are somewhere around $4.35-$4.50.

Sounds like Jet Center it is - thanks for the feedback!

I've stopped at KAEG a couple of times as a fuel stop between Tucson and Colorado Springs, but in this case we'll be visiting folks in Santa Fe and staying for a couple of days. Thanks!

i have had very good experience with the Signature there. Not every Signature/Atlantic/MillionAir is bad, in fact most of them are good as long as you buy some fuel.

Jet Center ... 100%.

Jet Center of SF is a terrific FBO. They welcome and support small GA traffic. We need to support them back.

Sounds like lots of us go to SAF, maybe it should be a POA meet-up place.

Back