Help me understand Class F airspace

TK211X

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Him
In Iceland it appears to be grouped with class G airspace but I can't quite wrap my head around what exactly it's for.

42f995b37a.png

Wikipedia says:

Class F is not used in the United States. In Canada, Class F is the equivalent of U.S. special use airspace including restricted and alert areas, while ICAO defines it as a "hybrid" of Class E and Class G, in which ATC separation guidance is available but not required for IFR operation.​

There is no class F in the US.
The class F in Canada is completely different than the ICAO class F.
The ICAO (such as your icelandic case)is sort of a half-baked class E. IFR separation is not guaranteed but potentially available.

Hey man.. this is Pilot’s of America. We don’t have Class F airspace here.

Got bored and was looking at other countries airspace is all.

Got bored and was looking at other countries airspace is all.

14E1C7F8-6622-436B-B2D7-C3644AD482C5.jpeg
Things can be quite different in other countries. Imagine if 90 % of the US was restricted airspace. AOPA would have a fit! :D

First of all, it is "Pilots of America", not Pilot's. Get it right, man! You want Ted to get out the Ban Hammer?

Second, there is a lot of 'murrica outside the 50.... -Skip

Sent with humor intended...

First of all, it is "Pilots of America", not Pilot's. Get it right, man! You want Ted to get out the Ban Hammer?

I hope you also got the humor in mine. :)

F Airspace used to be over nudist colonies and topless boobies beaches, but due to America becoming so damn PC it went by the wayside during the FAA Controller Strike.

Hey I made it up, been answered already by smart arse @Ryanb anywho.

I don't recall F-space being part of Bryan's "Teddy Bear in the Electric Chair" chart that helps you remember what's what of the NAS.

Used to have one area of Class F in Germany when I was there. Some guy had a private strip with an IAP. It’s gone now.

We do too.. "Oh F---- !" I just flew into the President"s TFR .
There you have Class F airspace

It’s when you make a move on a female pilot friend and get told “sorry, I don’t think of us that way.” Used to be called the friend zone, but being pilots it needed special nomenclature...hence “class F airspace”...

There's not a whole lot of America outside the 50, but there sure are a lot of Americans there!

• Class F: Operations may be conducted under IFR or VFR. ATC separation will be provided, so far as practical, to aircraft operating under IFR. Traffic Information may be given as far as is practical in respect of other flights.

It’s when you make a move on a female pilot friend and get told “sorry, I don’t think of us that way.” Used to be called the friend zone, but being pilots it needed special nomenclature...hence “class F airspace”...

And everyone knows chicks dig pilots, so there’s no possible way any of us would end up in Class F. Well, maybe O’Malley1537. And @Ryanb. Possibly @eman1200. Definitely Denver before he became @denverpilot. (See the connection there?) Aviation has been getting pilots hooked up since 1903.

And everyone knows chicks dig pilots, so there’s no possible way any of us would end up in Class F. Well, maybe O’Malley1537. And @Ryanb. Possibly @eman1200. Definitely Denver before he became @denverpilot. (See the connection there?) Aviation has been getting pilots hooked up since 1903.
Heh! I’ve been tossed in Class Eff airspace plenty of times.. :(

Back