When the plane is down for maintenance...

cowman

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Cowman
I can go a couple weeks without a flight and I'm fine but now the alternator is out again and won't be looked at until tues at the earliest and now I really really want to fly.

Anyone else feel this way when you can't go?

Just fly the other plane! Only kidding, I am spoiled and have interests in two planes.

I feel your pain actually. My310 is in the shop for an avionics upgrade. Just found out they won’t start for a couple of weeks, I said fine, but don’t leave it in the shop, they didn’t pull it out, so my perfectly flyable Plane is sitting in the shop where I cannot fly it this weekend.

I get withdrawals if I go more than a week or so.

You guys should be friendlier. If my plane is down I have at least two other friends who will go flying if I ask.

Hey, FBOs that have maintenance and rentals should give a discount for rentals and/or CFIs when maintenance is being done to a customer plane. Would be a fun time to do spins, acro, and generally do other stuff I can’t do in my own plane.

Maintenance always to seem longer lately,causing frustration,and anxiety.

I can go a couple weeks without a flight and I'm fine but now the alternator is out again and won't be looked at until tues at the earliest and now I really really want to fly.

Absolutely. Even if I wouldn't have gone otherwise, the fact that I *can't* is annoying.

My annual this year went from one week to 40 days...... to cope, I made some new friends.

Jim Beam, Jack Daniels, a Buffalo and a Rare Eagle. I seem to have also become an acquaintance with Aircraft Spruce early on, but I didn't realize it till I went to pay for the work.

Well my ride was down from December 2nd to the middle of last week. But I did get to spend lots of quality time with the airplane fabricating and installing a new fuel tank...

Yup. It's usually the piggy bank being out though

I'm putting my plane in the avionics shop while we go to the beach. If I need to feel the wind in my hair, I'll go sailing.

Back