Lunch - What'd You Have?

Cuban with house made chips at the Suncoast Cafe at Venice airport (KVNC). It's not just a good airport restaurant, it's a good restaurant period. Maybe the best in my limited exposure to airport restaurants. My wife's grandmother owns a condo on the beach down here and we come down a couple of times a year, spring and fall.

Also, the cook told me to try some of the Baron West Indies Hot Sauce on it (mustard based) and it was really good. You put mustard on a cuban anyway and really spiced it up. All I've ever had is the Tabasco/Louisiana style taste. Gonna have to get me some.

Y1q63dn.jpg

YdQYOri.png

Fish taco Friday at the Lucky Dog Diner in Venice FL. First place I ever had fish tacos and still the best.

LiHLu9t.jpg

XEakjT1.jpg

G6trfET.jpg

Damn you Brian! You're making it difficult for me to stay focused on my diet! :D

Another day in Venice FL and another Cuban at Suncoast Cafe at KVNC.

riyyz5q.jpg

Had the Reuben yesterday:

Xv7S6lo.jpg
Mmm! Me likes a good Reuben!
Damn you Brian! You're making it difficult for me to stay focused on my diet! :D
Diet?! Calories don’t count on Friday nights..

Last night we had Torchy’s Tacos before going to the concert. Was awesome. Love me some of their Diablo sauce.

Dang, that reminds me, I forgot to take a pic of the pizza and calzones we had for dinner tonight. :)

Believe me, it's making it hard for me to say focused on my diet too. :D

Dang, that reminds me, I forgot to take a pic of the pizza and calzones we had for dinner tonight. :)

Believe me, it's making it hard for me to say focused on my diet too. :D

Stopppppp it!

Today my wife informed me that we will have grilled chicken breast, grilled shrimp and jasmine rice for lunch.

And I will be the one doing the grilling.

I like it when she invites me for lunch......:rolleyes::lol::lol:

Today my wife informed me that we will have grilled chicken breast, grilled shrimp and jasmine rice for lunch.

And I will be the one doing the grilling.

I like it when she invites me for lunch......:rolleyes::lol::lol:

Well, as long as you don't have to jasmine the rice, right?

Brian say hello to tony at Suncoast,will be down for breakfast next week.

Brian say hello to tony at Suncoast,will be down for breakfast next week.

Nice! Tony's a good guy. We're leaving Monday. Not sure if I'm going to make it back tomorrow or not. I have eaten there 4 or 5 times this week though. lol

Seriously, if you see my post from yesterday with the fish tacos at Lucky Dog Diner, you should try them on a Friday if you're around. Love those things.

I have friends in Venice,winter in Bradenton ,keep the plane in Sarasota. I’ll give the tacos a try.

Man, that looks tasty! It’s been a day or two since I’ve had a good dog. Maybe I’ll make the trek over to Costco and get one!

....tempting....

Man, that looks tasty! It’s been a day or two since I’ve had a good dog. Maybe I’ll make the trek over to Costco and get one!

....tempting....

Theirs are a meal! Very good hotdogs. Ours here also has Italian sausage w/ peppers n onions. Yum.

Last edited:
It's missing mayo and relish.

I really like Chicago dogs too with the poppyseed bun, peppers, tomatoes, relish, etc. Just had one a couple of days ago down here. Have't tried mayo on one though. I might like it. I love mayo.

fJyGXOC.png

I'm not a fan of ketchup but let's face it, a Whopper or Quarter Pounder wouldn't be the same without it.

That said, I really like Heinz 57 sauce. I should pick up a bottle the next time I do burgers.

Tried out a new bar and burger grill that’s ONLY 11 miles from the house. Civilization is encroaching. But it comes with burgers and beer apparently.

7133c31625b06de23c3aede9f42eeb7e.jpg

ece1039635031b5421aee916b171709d.jpg

And a drink for the Monkey...

6e6aec612eed98dc3b89b1964be86fbd.jpg

The Pollo con Crema at a local Mexican place here in Venice FL.

uoowskV.jpg

Tried out a new bar and burger grill that’s ONLY 11 miles from the house. Civilization is encroaching. But it comes with burgers and beer apparently.

ece1039635031b5421aee916b171709d.jpg

And a drink for the Monkey...

Sam Adams..... salad.... they trying to make this a health food hamburger joint..??? :lol::lol::lol:

Oh, and I ASKED for the salad. LOL. Sac inspires me, but I can’t quite go full lettuce wrap. ;)

Back